Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I am becoming completely useless and I always lose track of time

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I really cannot trust my memory. I only discovered days later that I have missed a talk that I always wanted to attend. I also nearly missed another event that I was looking forward to. I feel like I am losing track of time. Things just happened too quickly and ended too quickly. I did not even have the time or energy to respond to them. It was like only me was left behind.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hey :) I know how you feel, I'm like this too. Once I figured this out, I learned that if I couldn't rely on my memory, I'd have to find other ways to keep track of things - now I use calendars, reminders and checklists to make sure I don't miss out on anything. I'd recommend having a look at finding a method that works for you x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Kate_20. We live such busy lives, it’s no wonder we forget things from time to time.

David Allen said, “Your brain is for having ideas, not holding them”.

Online calendars can be useful for setting reminders, repeating tasks and for carrying your schedule around with you all day on your phone. Google calendar is free online calendar. This may be helpful for making reminders and checklists that @Azziman suggested.

A pen and notebook may be better if you want to focus on the tasks that need doing without being distracted by the internet and you can design them the way you want.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to share what works for you.
  • Options
    Azziman wrote: »
    Hey :) I know how you feel, I'm like this too. Once I figured this out, I learned that if I couldn't rely on my memory, I'd have to find other ways to keep track of things - now I use calendars, reminders and checklists to make sure I don't miss out on anything. I'd recommend having a look at finding a method that works for you x

@Azziman Sometimes I won't even be bothered to note them down when I just did not want to move. But yeah I will try the calendars if I can.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited October 2021
    Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions you have provided for one another. It is great to see the support provided and the suggestions were helpful for me too. I personally really benefit from using to-do lists, time blocking and alarms =) I often use all of these in combination when things are really busy! Has anyone else got any suggestions of things that have really helped them? I am certain your suggestions would be really appreciated on this thread!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey @Kate_20

When we have a lot going on in our lives, there's only so much our brain can handle.
    There are really good suggestions there!

I use calendars on my laptop and my phone and set reminders every day so I'm aware of the upcoming events. Additionally, I also use alarms.

Hope you're doing okay. <3 ^^
  • Options
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    Hey @Kate_20

When we have a lot going on in our lives, there's only so much our brain can handle.
    There are really good suggestions there!

I use calendars on my laptop and my phone and set reminders every day so I'm aware of the upcoming events. Additionally, I also use alarms.

Hope you're doing okay. <3 ^^

@Laura_tigger82 @lovemimoon Thanks, I am trying to use the alarms and reminders on the calendar when I can. I still hate myself for not being able to set alarms sometimes because I sometimes do not feel up to it.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    @Kate_20

It's okay!
    Take it easy on yourself. :3<3
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Kate_20,

I personally find that I become most forgetful when I am feeling the most anxious or stressed. So sometimes checking in on anything that might be taking up headspace can be one of the most helpful ways to keep on track :blush:

It's great that you are trying to use alarms and reminders. It's totally okay if sometimes you don't feel up to this - the fact you are even thinking about it, and posting about it here is a great step! I'm proud of you :heart:

• Options
    @coc0mac Thanks. Yeah I did manage to go to some events this way just not all of them because they are too much to handle.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    That's brilliant that you managed to go to some! Even just going to one is great - I'm proud of you :blush: