Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Here to Help :)

smiith210smiith210 Posts: 1 Just got here
Hello!

I have recently signed up to be of support to everyone, everywhere.

A little about me
I am a 21 Undergraduate Student. I came out as bisexual last year, and have recently found support for my anxiety and depression.
The reason I chose to help on this website is because, life can feel so lonely sometimes. There's billions of people on this planet, yet sometimes it feels like everything you're going through, you can't tell anyone as it feels unrelatable. That is not the case. There are so many people who have been through what you're feeling right now, and I want to be here to help.

Please use this discussion to ask literally whatever you want, or just to jot down what you're feeling and I am here to listen.

Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the community @smiith210 it's great to have you here :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @smiith210,

As @Aife said, welcome to The Mix community! Thanks for joining us. I am glad to hear you have found support for your anxiety and depression and that you are now using your experiences to support others. How wonderful! I always believe in the power which comes with supporting others through similar experiences. Just out of interest, what are you studying? I am just being nosy because I am also a university student! I am currently studying education with an emphasis on special educational needs and disabilities. I will look forward to seeing you around in the community :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,859 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.