Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I am worried about starting medication

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I am worried about starting medication. I cannot think clearly. They said that it is better to take meds after having meals but I am not at all motivated to eat anything. That is the real struggle.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• amesames Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    Hiya @Kate_20

First of all I just want to say well done for reaching out and posting about your concerns. It's encouraging to hear that you've been able to speak to professionals and be offered medication! :)

If you feel comfortable discussing it (no worries if not), what are your main worries about starting medication? Perhaps tackling them may help to motivate you to take your pills, in turn motivating you to eat?

I'll be here for support if you need me <3
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    ames wrote: »
    Hiya @Kate_20

First of all I just want to say well done for reaching out and posting about your concerns. It's encouraging to hear that you've been able to speak to professionals and be offered medication! :)

If you feel comfortable discussing it (no worries if not), what are your main worries about starting medication? Perhaps tackling them may help to motivate you to take your pills, in turn motivating you to eat?

I'll be here for support if you need me <3
    @ames I see no point in cooking or eating also I want to avoid people in the kitchen. I have to take meds in the morning so it is quite stressful.
    Feeling unmotivated to eat is not uncommon, especially when dealing with mental health issues. If eating seems daunting, try not to put pressure on yourself to make three big meals a day. Are there any times of day where the kitchen is quiet and you would feel comfortable eating?

Sending you love <3
    Feeling unmotivated to eat is not uncommon, especially when dealing with mental health issues. If eating seems daunting, try not to put pressure on yourself to make three big meals a day. Are there any times of day where the kitchen is quiet and you would feel comfortable eating?

Sending you love <3

@ames I cannot predict that it is different every day
    I see. I'm sorry I didn't have more advice to offer, but you have my support whenever you need it! This space is always open for a rant.

Sending hugs :)<3
    Failed to eat in the morning again. I am stressed out. I am less than human. I am a failure. I deserve to die. I feel guilty of seeing people's messages. I don't want them to care about me because I don't deserve it. I need to disappear.
    Hi again @Kate_20

Because you mention feeling as though you deserve to die, I thought I'd link you some resources. Please don't hesitate to check them out if continue feeling this way! <3
    https://www.samaritans.org/
    https://www.papyrus-uk.org/
    https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/suicide/how-do-i-cope-with-suicidal-thoughts-37568.html

I'd just like to say that you absolutely are deserving of other people's support. Ultimately, this site was created as a means for people to connect with one another. People wouldn't take time out of their day to respond to messages unless they wanted to. I know that I, for one, appreciate the chance to meet (and hopefully help) as many new people as possible! You don't need to feel guilty :)
    Hi again @Kate_20

Because you mention feeling as though you deserve to die, I thought I'd link you some resources. Please don't hesitate to check them out if continue feeling this way! <3
    https://www.samaritans.org/
    https://www.papyrus-uk.org/
    https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/suicide/how-do-i-cope-with-suicidal-thoughts-37568.html

I'd just like to say that you absolutely are deserving of other people's support. Ultimately, this site was created as a means for people to connect with one another. People wouldn't take time out of their day to respond to messages unless they wanted to. I know that I, for one, appreciate the chance to meet (and hopefully help) as many new people as possible! You don't need to feel guilty :)

@ames This is my first day on medication. I am really scared. Hope it goes well.
    What is worth celebrating is: I finally had breakfast in order to go on meds! Hope it can help me set a healthy daily routine.
    I don't know if it is the placebo effect but I suddenly feel better
    I feel so sleepy
    I think I am having a heart attack
    What is worse is that everything went wrong today. I cannot write my essays. My life is a mess again. My ID and bank card went wrong as well.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @Kate_20 so sorry missed this yesterday. Do you want to talk a little more about how you are feeling today? I know you said yesterday you felt better but then sounds like lots went wrong? Sending love 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Lucy307 wrote: »
    Hi @Kate_20 so sorry missed this yesterday. Do you want to talk a little more about how you are feeling today? I know you said yesterday you felt better but then sounds like lots went wrong? Sending love 💜

@Lucy307 I guess feeling better was the impact of having breakfast, not taking meds. I still feel like hell. My mind is a mess.
    I’m really sorry to hear you are feeling bad still. Have you managed to eat 3 meals or are you sticking with just breakfast for now? I wonder how long the meds take to have an effect, did your doctor tell you what to expect?
    No I cannot have 3 meals. I am unable to :( I tried but failed. I feel sick.
    That’s ok 💜 it sounds like eating breakfast was a big step and made you feel better at least for a little while. Has anything else made you feel better today?
    It is even scary now I feel an increase in appetite and I crave oats.
    Kate_20 wrote: »
    It is even scary now I feel an increase in appetite and I crave oats.

I cannot control myself. I don't even have time to make other food.