Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My family is falling apart :(

christinaj123christinaj123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
I’ve not new but I haven’t been on here for like ages.

Recently (Friday) I got the post from the door, the only letter there, was addressed to my dad. My dad was at work so I took it into my mum in the kitchen. It was from the housing, I thought this was weird because it’s always my mum that gets letters from the housing and also because as soon as my mum seen it she snatched it right out my hands.

Last night I couldn’t stop thinking about it so me being me, I investigated. I overheard my mum on the phone I’m not sure who she was talking to but she said something along the lines of “yeah I gave him the housing application form and told him to fill it out”

My whole life I’ve had my mum and dad by my side, yeah they’ve never gotten along but they’ve stayed together. She’s threatened a few times to kick him out but I never thought she’d actually do it, but here I am reality has hit, my dad is more than likely moving out, I’m doing my first exams, my brother is still a drug addict and a recovering alcoholic with a child that’s parents are split up and always arguing, my life and family is falling to pieces.

I am stressed as fuck right now, I cannot talk to anyone I know about this. I am currently screaming right now. I cannot wait to be successful and leave this place.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    emilypigemilypig Posts: 11 Settling in
    Hi @christinaj123 , it sounds like you're really stressed about what's going on right now, and that's okay! I'm glad that you feel you can talk to us here because sometimes it helps just to get it all off your chest when you feel like nobody will listen or get it. Are you in the position where you can talk to your mum or dad about this? Perhaps it could be something different to what you're thinking?
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hey @christinaj123

I'm so glad you decided to share this with us here rather than keeping it on your shoulders. We are all right here for you :heart:

I agree with emily - how do you think it would be to talk to your mum or dad? Sometimes, parents hide things from their children because they think it will protect them. E.g snatching the letter so that you don't see could have come from a place of love. But then that allows our minds to wander and worry. Often, the best thing is to open, honest, and to keep people in the loop. So perhaps if you explained this to your mum, this might encourage an open conversation? :heart:

Take good care - we are here for you x
  • Options
    Willow2812Willow2812 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hey @christinaj123

It’s completely okay to feel stressed about the situation you’re in and really good that you’ve asked for advise rather than keeping your feelings bottled up. The other comments have some really good suggestions about talking to your parents about how you’re feeling. Sometimes when you don’t have the full story you can overthink things and then feelings can become overwhelming and make the situation more stressful that it may actually be. If not your mum or dad, is there anyone else you feel comfortable talking to about the situation? Wishing you good luck in your exams!
  • Options
    SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    Hi @christinaj123, I am sorry that you feel as if your family is falling apart. I am also sorry that you feel like you cannot talk to anyone you in real life to talk to about this, it must make you feel very alone and isolated, which doesnt help with your stress. I am glad you could share your feeling and hope if you are too stressed you can post on here again.
    I can't imagine how scary it must be to have your parents seperate, but it is not the end of your familiy, you will still have your mum and your dad they will both be there to support you. Things will change , but they may also improve like less arguing between your parents. It is scary when parents spilt up and you have everyright to be frustrated with them and upset, but things will be okay in the end and if its not okay its not the end.
    Good luck with everything and I hope you feel less stressed soon