Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'm not getting help at all

SC1234SC1234 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
I tried calling the hotline twice, waited for an hour and nobody ever picked up. I tried using the web chat, after I entered my information I got directed to ''Thank you for chatting with us'' and nothing more came up. I'm feeling terrible as it is and I can't even get a bit of help. How long do I have to wait??

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello, sorry to hear you aren't getting support. Can I ask what time you tried to use the helpline and webchat?
    As they are only open between certain hours
  • SC1234SC1234 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    I was calling at 3/4pm. They should be open, yet nobody answered.
  • KatKat Posts: 81 Budding Regular
    Hi @SC1234
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the helpline. I hope this doesn't put you off using the helplines because they can be really helpful. Remember if you need help there are multiple helplines/ chats including the ones at the mix, texting SHOUT to 85258, or the Samaritans, so if you are struggling to get through to one of them please try a different one and hopefully you should get the support you need.
    Hope you are doing okay <3
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    SC1234 wrote: »
    I was calling at 3/4pm. They should be open, yet nobody answered.

Maybe they were just really busy. I know other services have been really busy recently
  • SC1234SC1234 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Kat wrote: »
    Hi @SC1234
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the helpline. I hope this doesn't put you off using the helplines because they can be really helpful. Remember if you need help there are multiple helplines/ chats including the ones at the mix, texting SHOUT to 85258, or the Samaritans, so if you are struggling to get through to one of them please try a different one and hopefully you should get the support you need.
    Hope you are doing okay <3

I'm hanging on at least. I know there are other ways to seek help but I'm looking for some specific advice that's why I'm here. Thanks though for checking in
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Sorry to hear about your experiencing accessing the webchat service @SC1234. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for support and it's understandable to hear how you're feeling after not being able to get the support you were hoping for. I'm wondering if this was The Mix's webchat service you tried?

You are deserving of this support and if there's anything we do to support you here on the community, do let us know. It's really great to see you posting here :)

Our group chats are opening up again next week if you wanted to try some of the services we have at The Mix. We have an online Support Circle chat which is a small session of up to 5 people. Each person takes it in turns to get support and it's a really nice space. You can find out a bit more about this type of chat here.

As well as The Mix's helpline, they also offer email support and we have a counselling service offering free sessions over the phone or via webchat. You can find out more about the services we offer on the website here.

I hope this has been helpful, keep us updated with how you're feeling <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    I quote @aife,
    good strength helping out such a blessing to be here supporting you @SC1234