Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

free will

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
do we hav free will
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    i hope humans die soon
    Crazy mad insane
    is this a simulation
    Crazy mad insane
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    do we hav free will

It's an interesting question, and unfortunately it's not a simple thing that can be answered.

To keep this short, it depends who you ask:
    Some may argue that we don't have free will and may approach this from many perspectives: psychological, philosophical, scientific, etc.
    Others may counter that we do have free will, coming from many perspectives as well: psychological, philosophical, scientific, etc.

It's a constant debate!
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    life is like blade runner, we r made to do. ppl with brains like ful lite know wen ppl with less lit brains r in presence. part of my brain was turned off due to complications. is it like soma where we in a computer screen wen we die? i dont want to live 4eva
    Crazy mad insane
  • Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000

I totally agree with @LorryTruck

I believe that we have free will to an extent. What i mean by this is that we are able to do whatever we want, however there will always be consequences to the actions/behaviors that we decide to act upon. So, you could steal something from a shop if you wanted but this would be deemed morally wrong and because it's illegal to shoplift, you would most probably end up in prison.

So because, the majority of humans have a moral conscience and like to remain law - abiding citizens it prevents them and stops them from being able to act upon certain behaviors or act out certain actions, and therefore this stops them from having free will.

That's what i believe anyway, I also believe that free will is a very individual thing - the answers of what people believe free will is or if they believe they have free will will depend on the different types of people that you speak too.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Wishing you all the best.