Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I feel alone

ella12345ella12345 Posts: 14 Settling in
edited June 2021 in General Chat
hey to anyone reading this :)

I feel pretty distant from my friends at the moment and a bit out of touch with the people around me. Please talk to me in this thread and chat with me! I want to get to know you guys on here and have deeps about life <33

I love having a good convo and am very chatty, but don't have anyone to talk to atm. so how are you all doing??
Post edited by AislingDM on
Tagged:

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey! I'm here if you wanna chat. My name is Elle, it's lovely to meet you. I'm not usually up this late but here I am hahaha but I'm watching rubbish TV trying to entertain myself. I'm sorry you're feeling alone, I often feel the same way. But we're always here for you.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey @ella12345
    Call me mimoon for now! I am pretty much available here (almost) 24/7!

How are you doing?
  • AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Welcome @ella12345 :)

Please remember that you are not alone! Even if you feel distant from your friends at the moment, there's a lovely community on here to support you, and will still be here for you whenever you feel ready and comfortable to reconnect with your friends <3 With the world as it is, it's understandable that you're feeling distant, and I have experienced similar feelings. It's always helpful to talk to others - so we're here if you need us <3

Take care of yourself :blush:
  • naominaomi Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    Hey @ella12345! Welcome to the Mix family! It's great to have you here.
    I hope that this can be a place where you know that there will always be someone here to help you or just to talk about random things. I hope that you never feel lonely here, because there are many people here who want to get to know you. <3 I hope that you'll be able to reconnect with your friends but I understand sometimes it's easier to talk to strangers. (or people who haven't had the opportunity to be your friend yet :3 )
    So, how has your week been so far and what is the best thing that you have been able to do this week?
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! Always happy to chat if you'd like <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited June 2021
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Not done much today, I have the big TV to myself tonight so I'm binge watching ambulance programmes. You watching anything good at the moment?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • ella12345ella12345 Posts: 14 Settling in
    @independent_ I'm rewatching Brooklyn 99 as it is such a comfort show to me!
    No way @ella12345 I finished that show last week! :joy: Fell in love with Rosa all over again.
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Heya @ella12345 so glad you're here talking to us all =) i know this is never easy when you're struggling and feeling alone. Love to see everyone showing support too <3 Also I LOVE B99 amazing comfort show, one of those ones where I ship everyone but also love all their platonic friendships. IT's amazing. If you ever want a distraction of just talking about B99 plots and theories pls do let me know haha :)

(btw I just moved this thread over to 'Anything Goes' just because it would be nice to see if more people want to jump into the convo)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    so true @AislingDM !! does anyone have any recommendations for any similar shows?! I would love to start watching something new.
    @ella12345 Would deffo recommend Superstore!
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    If you haven't seen The Good Place @ella12345 I'd recommend that, it's extremely funny and a lot like Brooklyn Nine-Nine. :D
  • naominaomi Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    @ella12345 I haven't been up to much, just chilling these days. It's been sunny and warm these days so I went out for a picnic with my friends yesterday! It was really fun and I have just been on walks taking in nature :). I would recommend Parks and recreation, the first two seasons are a little slow but it is a funny show so you should try it out if you want.
  • teleportingtigerteleportingtiger Posts: 1 Just got here
    I've felt alone lately too, even when I'm surrounded by people. I've been depressed lately, feeling as though there's no umph left to get through this difficult time. Asking for prayers or good vibes, whatever you're into that brings peace.
    Hey @teleportingtiger

Welcome! I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time. <3
    Everyone at the Mix is here if you need someone to talk to.

How have you been?
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    ella12345 wrote: »
    @independent_ I'm rewatching Brooklyn 99 as it is such a comfort show to me!
    Brooklyn 99 is the ultimate comfort show
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
    @teleportingtiger i really relate to how you have been feeling :/
    Glad I have found you on here and we can chat through it together? I just find it so much easier than talking to my mates
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    DEFO agree about the Good Place @Riley !!! (Michael Schur is involved in the production of that B99, The Office and Parks and Rec which is why a lot of people love all of them cos the comedy is similar) You should so watch all of them if you've not @ella12345 =) (although I found parts of The Good Place really emotional because they talk about existential questions like life after death, so it can feel a little more serious than B99) ALSO New Girl is great x