Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How to use BBCode

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited April 2021 in Help Desk
Howdy everyone 🐸

As you might know, we've included BB Code into the boards now, to make it more accessible for everyone to use! Although you can still use the buttons along the tool bar across the top, you can also input the code yourself meaning there are loads more things we can do!

Below is a little cheat sheet of everything we've found you can do so far, as well as the code needed to make it work. Have a play around with it all - copy and paste the code for whatever you'd like to create!

Bullet Point List
  • list item 1
  • list item 2
[list]
[*]list item 1
[*]list item 2
[/list]

Numerical List
  1. list item 1
  2. list item 2
[list=1] 
[*]list item 1
[*]list item 2
[/list]

Alignment
this text is left-aligned
this text is center-aligned
this text is right-aligned
[left]this text is left-aligned[/left]
[center]this text is center-aligned[/center]
[right]this text is right-aligned[/right]

Text Colour

this text is red
[color=red]this text is red[/color]

this text is blue
[color=#2596be]this text is blue[/color]

Images and Links

giphy.gif
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/Ju7l5y9osyymQ/giphy.gif[/img]

giphy.gif

This image is linked - click it!
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/Ju7l5y9osyymQ/giphy.gif[/img][/url]

This text is linked to a funky video
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ"]This text is linked to a funky video[/url]

Other

this text is bold
[b]this text is bold[/b]

this text is italic
[i]this text is italic[/i]

this text is underlined
[u]this text is underlined[/u]

this text is strike through
[s]this text is strike through[/s]
this text is a quote
[quote]this text is a quote[/quote]
this text is in a spoiler
[spoiler]this text is in a spoiler[ /spoiler]
(remove space before /spoiler for it to work)
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    So these are the colours I've had a play around with so far. Like the red above, you just put the name of the colour into the code

red
    yellow
    blue
    green
    orange
    purple
    pink
    light blue
    grey
    aqua
    brown

You can also use the HEX code for the colour, like the blue in the post above. Here's a great website to find the hex code for a colour. It's the code with the # before it :)
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited April 2021
    Wow this is cool.
    Why am I not surprised that there is a rickroll on here as well. Haha.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Thank you so much for this cheat sheet!

Needed this so badly! <3:s
    edited April 2021
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Can you let me know what part of it isn't working @Dancer? I might be able to help you out :smile:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Jordan wrote: »
    Can you let me know what part of it isn't working @Dancer? I might be able to help you out :smile:

Just managed to get it to work now but thank you.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited April 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Is there any way of making links different colours? @The Mix
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Umm I don't think so @Dancer as the link overrides the colour. Lets see if this works:

this text is red

Edit: sadly, the hyperlink blue overrides any colour :(

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    this text is hopefully pink fingers crossed

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Laine wrote: »
    this text is hopefully pink fingers crossed

Yes it is pink.
    You can change the text colour?

This means gradients are a thing!

There's a website for it: https://www.stuffbydavid.com/textcolorizer

Have fun with it and go crazy~ :joy:
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2021
    What on earth this is so cool, but the code is insanely long! @lovemimoon

Raw code:
    [color=#0000A1]W[/color][color=#0300A1]h[/color][color=#0600A2]a[/color][color=#0900A3]t[/color] [color=#0F00A4]o[/color][color=#1200A5]n[/color] [color=#1800A7]e[/color][color=#1B00A7]a[/color][color=#1E00A8]r[/color][color=#2100A9]t[/color][color=#2400AA]h[/color] [color=#2A00AB]t[/color][color=#2D00AC]h[/color][color=#3000AD]i[/color][color=#3300AD]s[/color] [color=#3900AF]i[/color][color=#3C00B0]s[/color] [color=#4300B1]s[/color][color=#4600B2]o[/color] [color=#4C00B3]c[/color][color=#4F00B4]o[/color][color=#5200B5]o[/color][color=#5500B6]l[/color][color=#5800B6],[/color] [color=#5E00B8]b[/color][color=#6100B9]u[/color][color=#6400B9]t[/color] [color=#6A00BB]t[/color][color=#6D00BC]h[/color][color=#7000BC]e[/color] [color=#7600BE]c[/color][color=#7900BF]o[/color][color=#7D00BF]d[/color][color=#8000C0]e[/color] [color=#8600C2]i[/color][color=#8900C2]s[/color] [color=#8F00C4]i[/color][color=#9200C5]n[/color][color=#9500C5]s[/color][color=#9800C6]a[/color][color=#9B00C7]n[/color][color=#9E00C8]e[/color][color=#A100C8]l[/color][color=#A400C9]y[/color] [color=#AA00CB]l[/color][color=#AD00CB]o[/color][color=#B000CC]n[/color][color=#B300CD]g[/color][color=#B600CE]![/color]

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    The code is long but it's worth it! @Mike :joy:
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,076 Boards Champion
    Hello world! im a bit late to this but that is a very long code
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,076 Boards Champion
    Just testing this out