Homeā€ŗ General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thank you šŸ¤—

Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here

Should probably give a lactose intolerance warning on this one šŸ˜›

Ive spent this morning reflecting on how different my life is now from how it was when I was younger and I think over this past year I have been so caught up in everything negative thatā€™s going on in our lives, Iā€™ve forgotten about what Iā€™m most grateful for.

So now weā€™re getting close to the end of our (hopefully) last lockdown and weā€™re all sort of getting some normality back into our lives. I wanted to write this wee somethinā€™ somethinā€™ to thank you guys for helping me, probably without even realising it, throughout this God awful past year or so.

From my first ever chat, you guys have welcomed me into the community with open arms and I am SO grateful for it because Iā€™m really not quite sure how Iā€™d have coped throughout lockdown without having The Mix and the you guys who make the mix as amazing as it is.

I have learnt so much from every single one of you. When I first joined the mix I had no clue about how to support my peers and Iā€™d not step foot in support chat because I just had no clue how to help folk out šŸ˜³. Thankfully, after watching how you guys work your magic, I have learnt that we donā€™t need to have answers to peopleā€™s questions and the words to fix all of their issues. Sometimes just being there and letting them know that theyā€™ve been heard and their hurt is acknowledged is enough. So thank you for having each others backs and for teaching me how to also have other peoples backs. The skills I have learnt from you guys, I use them every single day.

Watching you all be shamelessly yourselves trusting everyone else with your thoughts and feelings was a real wake up call for me. Talking about feelings was something that Iā€™ve not really seen folk do until joining The Mix but I realise now that itā€™s super important to talk about whatever is weighing us down, so thank you for that too. Itā€™s been invaluable. Especially @Aidan , I know weā€™ve chatted about this before (a few times actually šŸ˜›) but Iā€™ve never actually known males to talk about their feelings. When I talk to the ā€˜ladsā€™ itā€™s usually about everything other than how we feel and so I was keeping things to myself. I know thereā€™s stigma around males and opening up about their mental health but I watched our ayydon do it and I didnā€™t think any less of him for it and this helped me to realise that no body would think any less of me for reaching out for support either. It helped me to talk and to get help after hitting a scary low last year, thank you for being so brave and awesome Aidan... and everyone else who talks about their mental health despite the worry of judgment. Youā€™re all playing a part in breaking the stigma around mental health in general, and thatā€™s just fab.

So thank you. Thank you for being kind, open and welcoming. And thank you for being shamelessly yourselves because youā€™re all wee gems. I wouldnā€™t change a single thing about any one of you šŸ’›

Also big thank you to the volunteers who give up their time to help make all of this possible, for giving us a safe space to talk and make friends. And to the staff team too who work incredibly hard to make this place the best it can be . Yous have put up with my endless waffling in your DMS šŸ˜† and Iā€™m so grateful for it

Thanks for making this past year manageable, I wouldnā€™t made it through without you

Yous really are top bananas šŸ˜€

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    I love this post (you know how much I love a cheesy post lol)!! And thank you to you too, you're a great friend <3
    ā€œSometimes the people around you wonā€™t understand your journey. They donā€™t need to, itā€™s not for them.ā€
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Aw Liam this is so sweet! I think we can all agree that you have made this last year so much more manageable with your comedic remarks and *friendly* bullying :joy:

I'm glad you've found a second home here and you've made it so warm for new users too! Reading your post has made me reflect on my year too and I too can see the huge role the community and volunteers have playing in it - so thank you.

You're such a joy to have around, always there to support other people or to make them laugh, I can't imagine The Mix without you!
    Alis propriis volatĀ 
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    *Digs it back up* :joy:
    Alis propriis volatĀ 
  • Options
    Oh now Iā€™m curious šŸ¤£
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    I'll have to dig it up @Aidan lol I remember that post
    ā€œSometimes the people around you wonā€™t understand your journey. They donā€™t need to, itā€™s not for them.ā€
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Such a lovely post Liam! You are also a top banana x

Much love vegan dipper

šŸŒˆPositive thoughtsšŸŒˆ

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Fanx chicken @Laine

And thank you for that legendary 1-2-1 tutoring on how to offer peer support. Youā€™re a good en ā˜ŗļø
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I love this post @Liam ā¤ļø