Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Vaccine someone help 🥺

Hi guys...

So my Mom just come home and apparently she said she is making me have the vaccine tomorrow because the doctor phoned to say I can have it but I don’t trust the vaccine I don’t want it.
I don’t know what the side affects are. Before they had volunteers for the vaccine and half of them died I seen on the news because they had to sign a forum just in case anything happens.
I don’t want the vaccine 😰
I’m really scared right now 😭

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey emoji, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling anxious about the vaccine. It's all so new isn't it and it can be quite worrying when you hear scary figures like that.

Make sure you're getting your news from good sources though, there is a lot of false information out there. I tend to use the BBC for news it's good for making sure you're reading accurate information.

Despite what you might hear on some places on the internet, the vaccines are very safe and they've been tested on thousands and thousands of people. If half of those people had died from it the medicines regulator just wouldn't have approved it.

The vaccine will protect you from getting seriously ill from covid so it's definitely worth getting. That said, it should be your decision so if you really don't want to get it, you could try speaking to your mum about it and failing that, have a chat with the doctor when you go for your appointment.

Good luck and remember it's your decision :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The vaccine is only if you are over the age of 18? I'm a little confused. I've had the vaccine and was fine
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @GreenTea I think it’s because I can’t walk my mom had a call from the doctor today
    Emoji246 wrote: »
    @GreenTea I think it’s because I can’t walk my mom had a call from the doctor today

You still have to be 18. Literally saw about it on BBC that they are only just starting research into the vaccine and under 18s..
    @GreenTea is my doctor allowed to do it then 😰
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited February 2021
    Heyy.

Where did you hear about the people dying? I don’t think there is many risks with it. More risk getting covid than getting the vaccine. I understand the anxiety though

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Emoji246 wrote: »
    @GreenTea is my doctor allowed to do it then 😰

Tbh you should ring and question it.... All the news stuff and even at the centre I got my vaccine, they were checking date of birth and I asked why and they said to ensure over 18
    @Shaunie Hey I heard that information on the news but I think I’m going to write my questions down and ask the doctor before giving me the vaccine
    You can get the vaccine if you’re 16 or 17, but only if you have underlying health conditions. Maybe ask the doctor about it but if you’ve been invited for it then there’s probably nothing to worry about where that is concerned.

Writing down your questions sounds like a good idea, the best place for information like that is your doctor they will know more of the facts than any news site could ever know :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited February 2021
    Deleted
    @independent_ that’s true ❤️
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    You do get a few side effects but that’s a good thing it means your body is building up the memory cells for if you ever got covid .

After mine I was just tired , had a headache and a sore arm, it’s pretty much the same side effects for the flu jab . Lots of people recommended taking some ibprofuen about 30 ish minutes before having the jab to try and reduce some of that .

I know it’s scary but a few seconds of discomfort is better than catching covid and getting poorly <3
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @Millie2787 that you for reassurance ❤️
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Completely agree with @independent_ and @Millie2787 <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Shaunie @Millie2787 @independent_ Thankyou guys really appreciate it💖💖💖
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Emoji246, I had the Pfizer one and didn’t have any side effects with it other than a bit of a sore arm. Other people I’ve known have had side effects just like with the flu vaccine so not that bad. I know it’s easy to get worried about it, but they have all been fully tested and are safe. Let us know how it goes xx
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    @Dandelion i will let you all know how it goes I’m going at 5pm xx
    Hey guys I’ve had the vaccine and the doctor said it’s very save I’ve just had a achy arm so far hopefully that’s it
    I'm so glad you had the vaccine! The sore arm is quite normal my dad had a sore arm for a couple of days when he had his vaccine, they are very safe and don't tend to have bad side effects :)
    @independent_ Yes I’ve got to say that my arm is getting very sore
    I hope your arm feels better soon, it's really normal for it to be sore though so try not to worry too much about it <3
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Well done on getting the vaccine @Emoji246 ! It's good to see you overcame your fears to take it. I hope your doctor was able to give you some reassurance :smile:

It is completely normal to have a sore arm after getting a vaccine. I hope it isn't too bad for you.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Jordan thamkyou :) I will keep everyone updated tomorrow too ❤️
    Update so when I woke up in the morning I felt sleepy for a few hours I kept going back to sleep and now I’ve just had a sore arm like bruised like I’ve been punched in the arm
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    That sounds pretty typical for side-effects of the vaccine @Emoji246 so probably nothing to worry about. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that but hopefully it'll all wear off for you really soon! Try not to scratch or rub the place where you got the injection though, it's best to try and leave that area alone as much as you can. <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Riley i found out that I can’t lift my arm right up :(
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    That sounds worrying @Emoji246 but try not to get too scared or worked up about it. I'm not a doctor but I think there's a lot of reasons why you might not be able to lift your arm all the way, soreness or tiredness for example. If you really start worrying about all this you might want to phone 111 and tell them what's going on since they'd likely be able to give much better advice about all this than me!
    @Riley Thankyou❤️
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Congrats for having the vaccine @Emoji246! I know that you're not alone in feeling apprehensive about it - I've heard a few people say this - so you were really brave to go for it. I'm so pleased that you did :heart:

As above, there are some side effects that are typical of any vaccine/injection. So just take good care - you know your body more than anybody, don't be afraid to ask for medical reassurance if you need any :heart: