Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jealousy in friendships

Zoya_JungkookZoya_Jungkook Posts: 86 Budding Regular
I don't know why but I am a very jealous/protective person. I guess I kind of have abandonment issues and worry about my friends liking other people more than me. I don't know why but I sometimes get jealous if my friend will have a new friend and start hanging out with them. It is really annoying and I want to stop haha. Though, it is like I can't control these stupid feelings. Does anyone else get friend jealous? Also... I always worry if someone doesn't reply to my text messages, if they're mad at me or if I have ruined the conversation.
:lol:
"You are the sunlight that rose again in my life, a reincarnation of my childhood dreams, I don’t know what these emotions are. Am I still dreaming?"
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    These feelings are not stupid. Your feelings can never be stupid how you feel is natural, every feeling in the world is a valid one.

I wish I had more advice for you but I think it’s natural to worry about these things with your friends. I worry a lot about whether friends still like me etc too so I totally understand how you’re feeling.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_
    Thanks Elle, that means a lot <3
    "You are the sunlight that rose again in my life, a reincarnation of my childhood dreams, I don’t know what these emotions are. Am I still dreaming?"
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Zoya_Jungkook,

I'd love to echo everything Elle has said - so true!

It's understandable to feel this way, especially if you worry about abandonment. Not stupid at all :heart:

In terms of tips, I think the main thing to work on is feeling more confident in yourself. That way, you will better realise how important you are to your friends lives and should feel more confident in the belief that they won't leave you :heart: Often, insecurity and low confidence is what underlies jealousy. And that's totally okay - you've identified this and want to work on it, which is so good :smile:

Mind have a good article about building confidence and self-esteem. I'm wondering if you might find this helpful?

Best of luck!
  • Options
    Thanks @coc0mac
    I see you everywhere hehe, it means a lot <3
    Though I feel quite confident, I guess I am quite insecure
    I'll have to work on that 🙂 thank you :)
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Zoya_Jungkook Hi ❤️ I just want to say you are not alone I sometimes do that I get jealous easily and overprotective and I think that ruins my friendship. I know that feels awful.
    I agree with @independent_ these feelings aren’t stupid sometimes we can’t control them because we are in the moment we can’t think about anything else other then that.
    About not replying I know it can be hard but you just got to think they kind be busy and they probably will message back later. I know that is hard to think that but if you do something you enjoy to take your mind off it you would probably find you have forgotten about it you could do things like watch your favourite TV show/Film or call a friend ❤️
    Hope this helps x