Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

He's giving me anxiety. Think I want to break up

rainbow365rainbow365 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited February 2021 in Sex & Relationships
My boyfriend hasn't been working so he's in the house constantly doing nothing. He's helped round the house a few times but I always have to get other people to help with things that are broken as he makes excuses. 
He doesn't care about my feelings but it's ok when he is upset about something and we have to talk about it. I'm supportive to him. 
He ignores me sometimes all night but if I did it he'd question me and threaten to leave. 
I tried to tell him how I feel about him sitting there not doing anything and expecting his dinner made but he changed the subject and blamed me for not giving him something to keep him occupied. 
He just won't go out and get a proper job and it's depressing me. 
I have a part time job. 
I split up with him before and got back with him so I don't want to end it and go back. I want to stay away. 

Comments

• Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    It's encouraging to see you post about this @rainbow365, I know it can be really tough to open up and talk about relationships so it's good of you to post here.

I'm hearing that you want to end your relationship and stay away from him.and that his behaviour is making you feel depressed and belittled. It also sounds like you feel your partner isn't supportive of you and is blaming you for things that aren't your responsibility. If I understand your situation right, you feel that you are in an unequal relationship. You are putting more into the relationship than your partner is. From what you've been saying it's understandable that you are feeling depressed. The fact that you have tried to be supportive of him really shows how much compassion you have.

What do you ideally want to do next?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I want to tell him to leave because I'm unhappy. 
    I think you're right that I'm putting alot more in this relationship than I'm getting. 
  • Options
    I'm feeling pretty angry whenever he comes into the same room as me. 
  • Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Hi @rainbow365

I hear you I've been in enough relationships to know that ideally there's always someone out there for everyone but it's clear your having troubles in your relationship do you think maybe you could try and tell him about you feeling this way? Because if he's making you feel depressed and isn't really supporting you in anyway shape or form judging by what your saying that your supporting him it shows that you love him and it's very unfortunate that possibly he doesn't feel the same way so do you think maybe you could try and talk to him about it? You've gotta try and make him listen because it might just save your relationship if you don't want to end it 

If you wanna talk about it just pm me and I'll try and help you
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @rainbow365

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a tough time with your relationship at the moment. I think it's really good that you are speaking out about it here. Talking to others, or even just writing things down, is such a brilliant way to work through and figure out how you are feeling. I'm proud of you :heart:

It can feel so exhausting and belittling when you feel you are putting more into the relationship than you're getting. The way you are feeling is understandable, and so valid.

You mentioned that you want to tell him to leave because you are unhappy. How are you feeling about having this conversation with him at the moment?

Leaving somebody takes a lot of bravery and courage, so it's okay if you aren't ready just yet. However, if you are, that's great too. Take this all at your pace :heart: