Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

85258 numbers

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
Oh my goodness!! Hello!!! I have 600 notifications and just had to reset my password but I’m here... how are you all? It’s been too long guys!!

Sooo... idk if this is the right place for this question but I figured more people would see it here who are likely to know the answer.

So... the 85258 number that is used for the crisis messenger. This number is also used on a couple of other sights for crisis support, including Young Minds and MeeTwo. Is it all the same service or are there separate services for The Mix, Young Minds and MeeTwo?

Sorry if this is a silly question I’m just curious. 
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    There all ran by the same service called Shout UK :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Aidan said:
    Hey, and welcome back!

The crisis messenger is from Shout I think? So it's probably the same service just being promoted across lots of platforms.
    This is what I thought @Aidan but I was really confused because there are different codes you can text (themix, YM, MeeTwo, shout, etc). 

It’s good to be back :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    There all ran by the same service called Shout UK :) 
    Thank you @Millie2787 that makes a lot of sense. It’s confusing. I knew that The Mix and Young Minds had one but I found the MeeTwo app the other day and found out they also had one and that confused me lol.
    Aidan said:
    Hey, and welcome back!

The crisis messenger is from Shout I think? So it's probably the same service just being promoted across lots of platforms.
    This is what I thought @Aidan but I was really confused because there are different codes you can text (themix, YM, MeeTwo, shout, etc). 

You can Litreally text anything and it would put you in the queue to talk to someone 💕
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Aidan said:
    Hey, and welcome back!

You can Litreally text anything and it would put you in the queue to talk to someone 💕
    So you could literally text a ‘Hello”, @Millie2787? I never knew that, I thought it had to be one of the codes.

Anyway there’s no signal here so I can’t use it.
    Aidan said:
    Hey, and welcome back!

So you could literally text a ‘Hello”, @Millie2787? I never knew that, I thought it had to be one of the codes.

Pretty much yeah atleast I think so  🤣 Ahhh that’s the same with my college there’s no signal so pretty useless 
    Aidan said:
    Hey, and welcome back!

Pretty much yeah atleast I think so  🤣 Ahhh that’s the same with my college there’s no signal so pretty useless 
    @Millie2787 I have no signal in my house, I can make a phone call with wireless headphones in and my phone leaning up at the window but that’s not practical for texting really lol.

Don’t live in a rural area guys!
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    85258 is 'shout' text messnger as I no of. U tell u u feeling and then they try to get u do to a level where u feel content. They're volunteers, so they chat when someone comes available. They're usually answer pretty quick. 
    Crazy mad insane
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    any other name typed on tht number, it says it is not valid
    Crazy mad insane
    ellie2000 said:
    any other name typed on tht number, it says it is not valid
    Hey @ellie2000 I find the best code to text is ‘Shout’ - it’s so easy. But maybe check with your mobile provider if it doesn’t work, if you’re in the UK it should work whatever word you text to it :)