Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Goal Setting

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
For those of you that are unfamiliar with goalsetting, I wanted to share a little bit of my knowledge with you and make a space to write your goals. 

Goal setting can be used for absolutely anything. It's when you set yourself a goal and make a plan to achieve it. 

Once you write out your goal you're much more likely to achieve it as when it's just a thought in your head, you'll lose it here and there. By writing out your goal, it sort of sets it in stone. 

So in typical anchor post style I'm gonna write a small plan for how to try this, whether that's in here or in a private journal. 

What is your goal - 
When do you want to achieve it by - 
How do you plan to achieve it - 
What will it mean to you when you achieve it - 
How will you know you've completed your goal - 

By answering these 5 questions, it builds a solid goal and plan to help you achieve your goals. 

It's important to think about how realistic your goal is - if you say you want to fly to the moon by the end of the month, that's obviously unrealistic as it's never going to happen. 

Goals can be as simple as wanting to get out of bed by 8am or can be as challenging as running a marathon by a set time. 

Goal setting is really useful for keeping motivated, especially during these uncertain times. 

I'll write a comment as an example, but also as a goal for myself. 

Hope you guys find this somewhat useful :) 
               (_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    What is your goal - I want to start running 1k every day. 
    When do you want to achieve it by - I want to start it today and keep it going as long as I can. 
    How do you plan to achieve it - by forcing myself to go out and run. 
    What will it mean to you when you achieve it - my fitness will improve and I'll feel better about myself.  
    How will you know you've completed your goal - I'll feel comfortable running 1k and build it up as I go along. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Anch0r33 Back at it again with the top posts :tongue:

Good luck with the running!

What is your goal - I want to fix my sleeping pattern 

When do you want to achieve it by - Like, tonight preferably lol

How do you plan to achieve it - Sleep meditation 😴  and ill turn my phone off early

What will it mean to you when you achieve it - I'll not feel tired and snappy and hopefully will improve my mood and fix my issue with lack of motivation.

How will you know you've completed your goal - Ill be sound asleep by midnight lol

• DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I love this thread
    My goal is I want to find a job 
    As soon as possible 
    Volunteering 
    It will feel like a gift