Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

On a Scale of 1-10 How are you Feeling Today?

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @Eleanor big hugs.
     I just wanted to say you’re an amazing wonderful strong person. And you never need to feel bad about opening up. You’re right everyone does have their own struggles, it’s like we’ve all got a pile of books we have to carry around. Sometimes the books are written in languages we can’t understand and it can be helpful to share them with others who might know how to read them. What I’m trying to say is no one ever has to go through anything alone , we can all help each other. And Eleanor you help so many people. It’s ok to let us be here for you for a change. Always happy to listen  <3

I don’t advice but whenever you need anything whether that just be getting something off your chest just know we’ll always be here for you. Sorry if this was weird. 
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @Eleanor I hate that you had a really rough night and I wish I had a magic wand to make it all go away. 

You're doing amazingly by opening up and talking about it, even if it doesn't feel like it. 

You said that typing the harder stuff worked better for you - how about you try and write a letter to the people that have hurt you? Write a letter to your feelings and write a letter to your younger self. You can choose what you want to do with these (lock them in a box, burn them, rip them up or even show your therapist). 

You are doing so so well, even though it doesn't feel like it. I've seen you change already by talking about your trauma. That's a major step and I'm so proud of you. 

Keep doing what you need to do to get better - whether that's doing uni work or filling in your entry here. You could even transfer this into a diary of your own if it's working well for you. 

We're all super proud of you and we're all here for you mate, keep going strong, you're gonna beat this <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi everyone 👋😐

I guess tbh I'm kind of at 5; not really low but not really happy either. Idk I can't really understand why. I've got this notebook for Christmas which I've been using to write down the ugly thoughts to try and understand myself better because if I'm honest I feel like I'm on a long journey to finding out who I really am.

I went to a my Nan's sister-in-law's funeral yesterday. Covid got her in the hospital ☹️. It was the first funeral I've ever attended and tbh part of me went to say goodbye (because she always treated me properly and I thought she was a lovely person) but also because it gave me some new perspective on my own life and actually I think it did more than I currently realise. The music that was played and the overall atmosphere brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't imagine how I would feel if it were my best friends or my parents or grandparents or someone else I cared about lying in that coffin. 

I guess I am saying that yesterday made me realise that life is precious and important and even with covid around there is still hope for a bright future and I want to pass that message to all of you on here. Also I really appreciate you guys listening and I look forward to talking to you guys more. 

-Liam ❤️❤️
    @SciFi_456 thank you for sharing. I hope you find it helpful using this wee tool :) 

Always here if you need a chat!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Properly a 2

why isn’t it higher  : Ive given up with trying to get better . So many things just get thrown at me and I’m tired of having to fight it all . I don’t have the energy to be able to recover from it all . I just want to ring my ED team and stop all my treatment, stop all my meds . I just don’t want to try anymore - I don’t have the energy to try anymore 

why isn’t it Lower : I dunno tbh 2 just feels like the right place to be 

im not sure what I can do . What do you do when you’ve lost all motivation to get better 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @Millie2787 I can hear how low you're feeling. You've done brilliant just by coming on here and trying this out. It's a nice wee tool, maybe if you feel able to use it more you'll be able to see the small differences in your mood. 

Sometimes a number just jumps out. It's also sometimes hard to pick a number. Both are okay, and it's okay to go off the scale if needed. 1-10 is quite a small scale really - the steps to get to feeling your best can be small and I think this really emphasises that. 

I know you said you're not sure what you can do - is there anything you usually do that works for you? Even just to get you up to a 3? Or a 2 and a half. 

Small steps all the way, we're all here for you :) 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @Anch0r33 I tried going for a walk earlier and I tried a face mask but nothing seems to have helped 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Just seen this and I think I shall use it and try check-in with myself sometimes! Thank you for sharing it. 

At the moment I would place myself at about a 7 the reason for this is that is my exam stress for January I have my first set of mocks and revising just sets it off. 

To help improve I think I need to put some more self-care into my life relax and get an early sleep however not tonight as I'm seeing 2020 out.
    @Millie2787 that's okay. Sometimes things just don't work. It might be that you just use today to recharge and rest and not do too much. It's okay to take some time for yourself as well :) 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    @AnneFrypan I'm glad you like this! It's useful just to take some time out of your day to figure out how you're feeling and what you can do about it :) 

It's useful to think about what's stopping you dropping down a number because it'll help you decide what you need to do to keep yourself from dropping!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Hi @Anch0r33

Thanks very much. I appreciate you reaching out 👍🏻
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited January 2021
    Number : 10/10 

Why it isn’t higher: I'm not happy or sad! Really just want to have a great day :smiley:

Why it isn’t lower: cause im BLESSED and my dog has a cute face i can just squidge it when im sad

What I could do : Today im doin' nufffinnn but chillin with the dog :smiley:  
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    We love a squidgy dog face! ❤️

I'm a let's say 8
    Why it isn't higher: I'm not awake I still feel a little lethargic and sleepy lool and for some reason Aunt Flow has visited me again!

Why it isn't lower: I too am blessed! Taken the best pals in the new year with me. I'm getting lots of self help done, got all my prep before counselling almost sorted. Had a nice heart to heart with me partner and I already feeel tremendously! Better x (also I don't have that feeling I normally get in a new year so go me)

What I can do: I'm going to do more of me workbook, listen to some good tunes. No doubt I will play some games with me pals later. Just happy to lounge in my stitch onesie 🤣

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    I’m a 9. I’ve only been awake 20 minutes though so I’m not sure if that will stick😂
    I just woke up feeling happier than I have in a while.

Why isn’t it higher- Nan normally comes up for new year’s but obviously can’t. So I guess I miss her a little. 

Why isn’t it lower- my mind feels calm. I have a lot of amazing people around me. And I made it to the new year self harm clean which was my goal  :)

What can I do- just enjoy the day, and try not to think too much. 

Hope everyone is having a happy new year, always happy to listen if anyone needs anything.  :)
    Today I'm an 8

Why isn't it higher? I'm still a bit pissed at the mental health centre but trying not to let it bring me down 

Why isn't it lower? I'm starting a new project with a friend and I'm hoping we really make a difference. I think I'm gonna force myself to feel more positive. I've got a meeting with my lawyer on Wednesday and then social work hopefully soon - so things are still happening. 

What can I do to get higher? I'm going to try and smile more! Release the good ol' endorphins. I wanna go out another walk today and eat better! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    edited January 2021
    I’m maybe a 7 today.

Why isn’t it higher: can’t help but think I’m no further forward than I was this time last year :joy:

Why isn’t it lower: it could be so much worse, I have great family, great friends and a wonderful partner who phoned me on the dot of midnight to say happy new year <3 Last night was amazing, it was just me and my parents watching rubbish TV. Today my sister is coming over for tea (shes in our bubble) so that will be nice.

What I could do: just now I’m listening to music and trying not to think about last year lol. I’m not very hopeful for this year but all I can do is see what it brings.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Number : 9.5/10 

Why it isn’t higher: Just got this really heavy feeling in my chest but I’m gonna try get rid of that feeling at some point today 

Why it isn’t lower : Still blessed 😇 My dog made me laugh this morning... I woke up to toilet paper all over my bed and floor, my clothes had been dragged out of the washing basket and my football boot was next to my head. The dog was snoring away when I woke up but he must’ve had a reyt party last night :lol:  

What I could do : I think I’ve got a few heavy feelings that I’m keeping to myself, I might attempt to talk about them today but if that fails I’ll have a go at writing them down just to get them out. Keep reminding myself that I gotta help myself if I want things to get better 
    @Liam lol! Your dog definitely had a party :lol:

It's good to see you up in the high numbers, hopefully we can get you up that half a step soon! 

I know I don't need to remind you, but I'm gonna say it anyway, we're all here for you whether you want to talk on the boards or privately to any of us :) 

If you don't feel like talking about it yet, a useful tool which you'll have seen me mention before is to write a letter about your feelings. You can address it to anyone or whatever you want (people that have hurt you, maybe specific feelings or even to yourself to help you express your feelings). You can lock it away somewhere, rip it up, burn it or give it to someone. That's the thing I love about the letter tool is you can really make it your own and use it any way that helps you :) 

If you need anything just give us a shout!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I’m maybe a 5 today.

Why isn’t it higher: I just feel down, it’s like now that all the festive stuff is over there’s nothing to look forward to anymore, December was full of good things and fun stuff which kinda kept things ok for a while (or at least they helped haha).

Why isn’t it lower: yesterday was a fun day too, and I’m about to go for a walk with my dog Theo on the beach, I love the beach and so does he, it’ll be nice to see him having so much fun. 

What I could do: previously mentioned walk on the beach will probably help a bit. Gonna have a night in, might watch a bit of TV and go to GC so I can relax. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent_ it sounds like you've had lots of fun things to look forward to but now there doesn't seem like a lot and you've had a bit of a crash. I think that's totally normal especially with covid this year. 

I think it's good you're able to recognise why you're not feeling so great though. 

Yeah it sounds like a lot of self care and relaxing things will be good for you, I hope you and Theo enjoy your walk on the beach! 

Give us a shout if you need a chat or anything :) 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm a 2 at the moment.

I'm just really struggling. I'm constantly in an anxious state. I can't relax. I can't focus. I'm full of fear. I don't want to burden people. I just feel like a sinking ship.

Why is it lower? Because I don't want to appear in crisis. I'll be fine. Always am fine. 
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    edited January 2021
    My best friend just fell out with me so I am a 1🥺😭💔
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I can’t put a number on it because i don’t know how I feel
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hi everyone hope you've had a good day ❤️

I guess I'm at a 5 rn. I'm not absolutely fine but I'm not really low today either. I'm sort of in the middle I guess, kinda like my other post on this thread from the other day. 

I've set myself a few goals for the sort of stuff I want to achieve a whole year from now, so I guess I'm just weighing up how I'm gonna achieve them. It's a long process. 😐

@GreenTea I'm sorry that you're at a 2. I know how it feels to feel in an anxious state if that helps? You want to sleep but can't, you're worrying about something but don't know what; that sort of thing. I always try going for a run and letting off the energy inside me, takes the edge off a bit. Maybe that might help? Hope you're feeling better ❤️.

@Emoji246 Hi Alina. Sorry to hear you and your best friend have fallen out. It's a horrible feeling and it's hard to stay positive when that happens ☹️. I hope the arguement resolves itself and you guys start talking again, because having a best or close friend is one of the best feelings in the world and it can withstand anything. Hope you're doing ok ❤️.

@independent_ hi independent. Sounds like Theo is a fun and happy dog 😄. It's always good to walk along a beach or seafront just to smell that sea air and it gives a nice holiday/day trip feeling. Hope you're feeling better now ❤️.

@Liam hi Liam hope the heavy feeling in your chest has gone? You've got a very mischievous dog it seems. Reminds me of my dog Autumn 🤣. Good to hear you've got different ways of dealing with what's on your mind like writing them down or talking about. Always remember that it isn't a journey you need to talk alone. Stay strong ❤️💪🏻.

@Anch0r33 hi there Anchor. Hope everything is ok with the mental health centre now? Wow, this project you're starting with your friend sounds fun and I'm glad you're feeling positive about it and it's good that things are happening for you. Keep strong ❤️. 

@SpaceOtter hi SpaceOtter glad you're feeling ok. Sorry that your nan couldn't spend New Year with you. It's devastating what covid has done to the whole world, however if everything goes well this year with the vaccine, next Christmas will be special and we can go back to a normal way of life. We'll never forget those lives that have been taken 💕. I'm glad you're doing alright it's a great thing to hear ❤️.

@Laine hi Laine glad to hear that you're doing alright for the new year 👍🏻. Good to hear you've got you're best pals around you. Listening to music is the best ☺️. Got any favourite songs? Sometimes it's things like music that keep us going. Keep strong ❤️

@AnneFrypan hi there Anne. Hope all is well. Mock exam week (or weeks, depending how many you have) is always stressful, sometimes moreso than the real thing. I remember when I did mine and the way I handled it wasn't very good 😐. However, we all deal with it in different ways. It's a very daunting time, but the payoff is always good and it feels like a great accomplishment. Mocks will always give an idea about how real exams work and is good practice. Sleep is always important and especially downtime. If you want any advice about it, feel free to drop me a message. Stay strong 💪🏻❤️.

@Millie2787 hi there Millie I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling ☹️. I know how you feel to lose all motivation. Sometimes it can be hard to stay motivated but one thing that sometimes works is going for a run or just doing something small like chatting to someone about anything or watching a comedy. Please don't give up. If you ever feel like that again, we'll always listen to you on here ❤️.

@Eleanor hi there Eleanor hope you're sleeping better now. Sleep paralysis must be terrifying and my heart goes out to you. Is there anything that can be done to stop it from happening or decreasing it? You don't need to feel bad about talking about it, i promise. We'll always support you. Glad to hear you've got a new therapist. Hope it goes well ❤️.

@awesomeminecraft6 hi there awesomeminecraft hope you're doing ok. I hope everything is going ok with your girlfriend now. Always remember that we're here for you and you're never alone. I know it might feel like it sometimes, however we'll always listen, I promise ❤️.

Sorry for the long post guys and I hope I've remembered you all 😄. Also if I forgot any of your names I also apologize. Feel free to let me know 😂. Hope you all had a good new year's day and here's hoping we've all got a brighter year ahead. 

Stay strong folks 💪🏻

-Liam ❤️❤️

edited January 2021
    Now a 1 because overthinking 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Thanks for the nice message @SciFi_456
    I've gotten back into The 1975 lately lol and I really love oasis she's electric had that on repeat 🤣 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Hey @SciFi_456
    Thank you big hugs. It’s good to set goals, I wish you all the best. Don’t  forget we’re here to help anyway we can, you never have to go through anything alone. You’re an awesome person. Always here if you ever need anything  <3
    @Laine no worries Laine just wanted to make sure everyone was doing ok. Sometimes the older music is the best. I haven't listened to Oasis properly in a while aha I'll let you know what I think 😁😂
    Everyone but me lol
    Cheers pal, you're a top fella 🤜 @SciFi_456