Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

just got here

Hello everybody! 

you can call me Vi. I'm 21, she/her with anxiety 

Found this and thought it was the best thing ever - totally what I need since I struggle to open up to people I know. Looking forward to getting to know everybody!  :3

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey Vi @Violet0613 it's great to have you here!! My name is Elle, I'm 18 and I have anxiety as well. It's great that you're talking about it here. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Violet0613Violet0613 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hey Vi @Violet0613 it's great to have you here!! My name is Elle, I'm 18 and I have anxiety as well. It's great that you're talking about it here. 
    love the quote - very inspiring!
    I love it too @Violet0613, found it ages ago and thought it was a perfect fit for my signature!

It might also be interesting for you to know that the mix also run group chats every night between 8 and 9.30pm, most of the people you meet on the boards also go to chat regularly. You can find them here: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Violet0613Violet0613 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Thank you for your help! that was one of the things that urged me to register. 

I was disappointed when I realised I only missed it by an hour! am planning to join tomorrow. 

kinda confused about the specifics tho? how do I actually join? any links?
  • SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    Hi Vi ! It is great to have you here! I'm 18 and struggling anxiety as well. Anyways, welcome to The Mix! :lol: 
    "Grow from the dirt they left you in."
    I find the best way to join the group chats @Violet0613 is to type "bit.ly/GroupChatDirect" (wwithout quote marks) into my browser (chrome works best but any will work) and that will put you straight into chat. It will sign you in as a guest and it's up to you whether you stay as a guest or you make an account. Making an account will allow you to have a username and profile picture which is saved every time you use chat. 

I'll probably be around in general chat (GC) tomorrow, hopefully see you there!! The support chat will be open too if you need to speak about anything that you're feeling or get something off your chest :) 
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hiya Vi, it's great to have you join! I go by Anchor in chat, I'm 20 and also female :) 

I don't have any official diagnosises but I'm in contact with my GP about diagnosises etc. 

I might not be in chat for the next few days but I'm usually quite a regular. Hopefully will see you around though! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! Give a shout if you need any help getting around the forum :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Welcome to the mix ❤️
  • SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @Violet0613

Hi there Vi, lovely to meet you 🎄❤️
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome Vi. This is a great place to get some confidence in seeking support else where too. Some people find it easier online and annouymous so it is great place!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley