Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Won’t go away \Anxiety

_Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
edited November 2020 in Health & Wellbeing

I've had anxiety since I was young, ever since I struggled so badly to go to school.

The thing is I don't know why I panic, nothing triggers it - I just remember I'm not at home. Thats what causes it, I worry: ''I'm not at home, how long will It take me to get home, what if it takes longer, what if something happens".

Genuinely not like I have anything to worry about or that theres anything wrong I just start feeling so afraid and scared.  if I'm going to be honest, I don't find that they help me. For me, I go In and all they say is "How have you been?" Thats it, no "had any panic attacks?" and once they've asked that they leave. 

For anyone who's just starting to struggle my best advice is, please just try. I know its hard I know but even though I'm not 100% there yet, I've gotten better and I want you to know that it does get better if you just keep trying.

Im sending my love to anyone who is struggling at the minute and I really hope that it gets better for them. It might take a while I know but you'll get there in the end

Nothing lasts forever. Have a good day! 🙂 ❤️

Comments

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Emoji246

You're always so supportive to others on the boards, it's lovely to see :heart: It's always important to care for yourself too, so well done for speaking about your own anxiety. You did well x

I experience anxiety & panic too, and for a long time it always felt like nothing was a trigger/it was random, so I really understand where you are coming from. There's a book called 'Think Like a Monk' by Jay Shetty. In the chapter called 'fear' he talks a lot about finding the deep roots of any anxieties that we have. For me that chapter alone really helped, so if reading is something you enjoy that's definitely a book/chapter I would recommend. You don't have to, of course - just a suggestion! 

If you'd ever like to talk more about your anxiety we are right here :heart:
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @coc0mac I really appreciate it when you reply you always take the time to reply to me and your always supportive too ❤️🥰 Thankyou