Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are your best songs/music to listen to while studying?

DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi! 

What are the best songs/music you guys listen to, to help you focus while studying?

Hope you are all well :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    My go-to's tend to be instrumental. Soundtracks are a pretty safe bet, especially from fantasy or sci-fi movies like Blade Runner 2049. There's also a great playlist on Spotify called 'Calming Medevil'.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    If I really need to focus then instrumentals or slow acoustic songs are the best. I like to put on Harry Styles instrumentals haha! If not, I like to listen to musicals or songs that hype me up. Puts me in a great mood which always motivates me!

I've also seen a lot of people now listen to Mario kart music haha! Apparently it's super motivating, which I can understand why 
  • JayJJayJ Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    My advice is actually to listen to a song on repeat that you either know the lyrics of really well already or a completely brand new song (you'll pick the lyrics up while studying). Have a song per topic. Then when you get in an exam, if you can't remember a fact, if you begin to sing the song for that topic in your head it boosts your memory because you've associated that topic with that tune/lyrics! I've done this for 2 years at uni after learning about it in my first year and it works so well!