Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Holidays During Lockdown - What Were They like?

ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Disclaimer: I am not arguing the fact I am going on holiday potentially during Lockdown. My reasons are included below, this is just a thread for information about people who have been on holiday during Lockdown.

Hey guys!

So last week I was surprised with a holiday abroad to Eastern Turkey during May of next year. The issue is despite the fact it is just three of us in an all inclusive with pretty much an entire village of land in it, will there be much to do? If you have been abroad in the past few months, please let me know what they were like!

I personally cannot wait, despite the fact we could still be in lockdown next year. Turkey as far as I know, is not on the Government list for self-isolating in quarantine afterwards...but I am looking at Covid Hotels just in case. I need the new fresh outlook to come! I need that breather!

So if anybody has been abroad, can you tell me what it was like, how people adhered to social distancing if they did, and what you *could not* do? It would help me a LOT in my prep.
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    That's a tough one! I think because everything is changing so rapidly that I think it would be a good idea to check on travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office closer to the date. I'd also read up on Covid-19 restrictions closer to your trip so you know what to expect. Someone who went abroad a couple months ago might have a completely different experience/set of rules/restrictions than when you go next May! 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.