Home Group Chat Announcements
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

Group Chat: Everything you need to know

2»

Comments

• MikeMike 🎧 LandaanPosts: 3,607 Community Manager
    Thanks for the suggestion @Eleanor. :)

You're right - it's quite outdated! We'll go through the form and make sure it reflects how chat currently runs. And we can definitely add in a 'general feedback' type section as you also suggested @Kasa2103, just to make sure there's space to say whatever you wanna say.

When you guys say 'too specific', are you referring to the agree/disagree section?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Want to join the community champions? Drop @TheMix a message!
  • ZenZen Living the Zen life 🧘🏼‍♀️ Posts: 1,993 Extreme Poster
    @Mike yeah that part in a sense but I was more talking about the whole 'what went well', 'what didn't go well', 'what data did you go' bit. Like I understand why these sections are there but they require an answer because they're stared. If I wanted to give general feedback about chat in general (not a specific day) then it's almost impossible too because there's too many specific questions that you HAVE to answer in order to submit the form
    Alis propriis volat 
    Mike
    Eleanor said:
    @Mike yeah that part in a sense but I was more talking about the whole 'what went well', 'what didn't go well', 'what data did you go' bit. Like I understand why these sections are there but they require an answer because they're stared. If I wanted to give general feedback about chat in general (not a specific day) then it's almost impossible too because there's too many specific questions that you HAVE to answer in order to submit the form

Gotcha. This makes a lot of sense. Thanks @Eleanor. :)

Those questions don't really need to be 'required', to be fair.

Zen
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,871 Part of The Furniture
    I agree with what @Eleanor said about the stuff to do with what went well, what didn't go well etc and I also don't understand why they have to be essential. Thank you though @Mike
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
    Mike
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 91 The Mix Convert
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    No, not rude at all @errrin ! Just think it needs to be more easy to find rather than hit under a spoiler lol. Creates tension in chat when folk use the auto link to threaten others lol
    Past UserLaine
  • ShaunieShaunie Posts: 13,256 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited October 2020
    Liam said:
    idk if it already is, i cant see it but would it be possible to pin the feedback form ? .. i cant find it anywhere. It makes chat incredibly uncomfortable when folk have wee disagreements and then use the auto link to basically tell the other person they're reporting them. I feel like this is done on purpose and is easily avoided by making it more accessibly 
    Yeahh I get that. I’ve asked this exact thing before As people used to just ask for the link.  But tbf it’s obvious when someone is going to report it as something obviously just happened so I guess we would want to give feedback and I guess it’s a better place to vent then there and the mod usually writes it down anyway as a better place to vent . But I guess it’s not always about reporting the person. It’s more about how the mods could of handled the situation better/ the people better. So things don’t build up worse. C ause like yeah we all have our moments and disagreements. So sometimes need a place to vent about the situation, not nessically report a person. 
    Past UserDancer
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 7,244 Master Poster
    Idk if anyone else has noticed this but the original post of the thread is a little out of date - it still says that group chats are only on Sunday-Thursday. Is this going to be updated @Mike? :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I was thinking about that as well @independent_
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
    independent_
    Couple of really good points here. :)

@Liam you're right - people shouldn't be telegraphing the fact they're giving feedback. I believe that's either in the guidelines or something we've mentioned in a thread before, but either way it might be something we need to re-iterate. It's the same with muting someone - best keep it quiet.

We've created and pinned a thread just for the forms. :) Think sometimes mods are wary of overdoing the pinned posts, but feels like this one would be worth the slot.

And good spot @independent_! I've updated the thread now to say Mon-Sun.

The main feedback form has also had a bit of an update - the chats listed should now be correct and only the key questions are now 'reqiured'. We've also added a 'is there anything else you'd like to say?' question near the end where you can share more general thoughts. :)

@Shaunie raised an important point too:

Shaunie said:
    But I guess it’s not always about reporting the person.

It's important to remember that writing feedback isn't necessarily about 'reporting' someone; more a way to let the staff team know about an experience you had (positive or negative), or to get something off your chest that wouldn't be appropriate to say during the session. That might be about the moderation, about the structure of the chat, or about a particular conversation, etc. :)

independent_
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Obnoxiously Large Anchor Somewhere in the sea 🌊Posts: 1,066 Wise Owl
    I'm having issues accessing the chats on my phone - it's like it loads me to the screen that shows all the chat options but it won't let me click any. But I'm in both GC and SC but can't click to get into either of them. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Have you tried deleting your search history (but advanced rather than just the search history) and then logging back into chat? It happens a lot to me and I do this to help me.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Obnoxiously Large Anchor Somewhere in the sea 🌊Posts: 1,066 Wise Owl
    @Kasa2103 sorry I just saw this! Yeah I cleared everything. It's just on my normal browser on my phone. I can log in when I'm on incognito mode and normally on my laptop. 

It's weirddd
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Kesh260807Kesh260807 surreyPosts: 32 Boards Initiate