Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help

madokamadoka Posts: 4 Newbie
I’ve been with a guy for 2 years and basically I put all my energy into this one person and last night we split up, over the phone, as I am on holiday with my mum. I can’t imagine life without him and don’t know what to do. I don’t have any friends to talk to some am basically alone in this.  Been thinking about suicide but called a helpline and they recommended me here. Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @madoka and welcome to the mix, I’m so sorry to hear this has happened. Do you feel like you could talk to your mum about it? Or do you want to talk more about it here with us? 

My main advice would be to reach out and talk, so it’s good you have already called a helpline, hope we can help you by talking here too. 

I wanted to check you are safe right now as you mentioned you are feeling suicidal? 

Take care, sending hugs 
    Lucy 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    If you are not feeling safe, please have a look here where there are details of resources available for urgent support https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3597021/if-you-need-urgent-support 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Tee ATee A Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    @madoka

I hope you have managed to speak to someone since you have posted this :heart:

Break ups suck! I'm glad you've come to The Mix.
    Talk to us about it if you like. And please don't bottle up your emotions. I'm sure we can all come together and give you some advice on anything! Nothing is too small. 

I hope you're safe!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Sorry to hear what you're going through, sounds rough! Breakups aren't every easy. Great that you got in touch with a helpline, and there's a great supportive community here that will help you through this. When you put all your effort into something and it doesn't work out, it can be tough to take, but you'll get through this. In time, you'll pick yourself back up (with help) and get going again x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hey @madoka

Just wanted to send you hugs and echo what everyone else has said.

We are all here for you <3
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @madoka

Welcome to the boards - we are all here for you :heart:

I am sorry to hear what you are going through. Breakups can feel so, so tough. But I know that you have the strength inside of you to grow and flourish - you really do. Breakups aren't an easy journey, but we are all right here to support you every step of the way. So please always remember that, and feel free to share your thoughts and feelings with us as often as you like :heart:

How are you doing today? x