Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

1-2-1 chat not working

Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
i just tried to get through and it just went to 'thanks for chatting with us' not sure why??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    Yep it has done that loads  for me at the moment I haven’t been able to use it since I joined 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Ah that doesn't sound good! 

@The Mix @Mike

Hopefully it can get fixed soon :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    yeah oh well..hopefully it gets fixed soon 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Mellyy99 @pandalover200, I know there has been a few issues of people trying to connect from outside of the UK. Are you both in the UK? 😄
    Alis propriis volat 
    Eleanor said:
    Hey @Mellyy99 @pandalover200, I know there has been a few issues of people trying to connect from outside of the UK. Are you both in the UK? 😄
    I’m in UK
    Eleanor said:
    yeah i'm in the UK
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Thank you for flagging this @Mellyy99 and @pandalover200, and sorry that had issues.

Just to be clear: you're both getting the 'thanks for chatting with us'? And when is that appearing for you? It would be useful to know, for example, if that's appearing once you've filled out your details, once you've connected, etc. Just so we can make sure we're looking into the right thing. :)

In the meantime, you can also email the 1-2-1 team or give them a call. :star:   
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike said:
    Thank you for flagging this @Mellyy99 and @pandalover200, and sorry that had issues.

Just to be clear: you're both getting the 'thanks for chatting with us'? And when is that appearing for you? It would be useful to know, for example, if that's appearing once you've filled out your details, once you've connected, etc. Just so we can make sure we're looking into the right thing. :)

Hi Mike 
    Thanks  for me  I fill out the details and press start chat and get it  then before I even get to speak to someone.
    I try at 9 pm and also 4 pm
    ok thanks 
    Mike said:

Yeah, I fill out the details and then that comes up straight away before I even speak to anyone. Thank you
    Excellent, thank you both @Mellyy99 and @pandalover200. That's really useful.

One final thing: what device/browser are you using? (e.g. Android and Google Chrome)
    Mike said:

One final thing: what device/browser are you using? (e.g. Android and Google Chrome)
    I use iPhone and safari 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I tried it @Mike , using Android - chrome. 

The same night these too mentioned it. You fill out the form, it goes to the waiting page and then skips to "thank you for talking to us" or whatever that message is. 
    I haven't tried is since but might end up using it tonight if I can, ill come back to the thread and post if it worked out not
    Mike said:

I use google chrome on my Macbook 
    So it turns out our techies were already looking into this one. Basically, that message should be shown when a chat ends, but for some reason it's been showing it when the service is busy as well. So if you're using it within service hours (4pm-11pm) and you get this, it should just mean the service is busy, not that your session is over. We're also due to update this soon, so it may no longer be an issue. Do shout if it's something you're still running into. :)
This discussion has been closed.