Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chat refreshing problem

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
I seem to be having a problem that’s specific to me, so it’s maybe just my laptop but even if it is, idk how to fix it.

When I’m in group chat, the page keeps refreshing on its own, and it does it a lot when I type a message in the chat. If I don’t say anything it does it every few minutes, but it does it a lot more when I actually say something in the chat about every 30 seconds.

This wouldn’t be so bad if my internet wasn’t so shit, it takes about a minute or so to load back up after it’s refreshed.

Idk if this is actually a bug with the chat or if it’s just me but thought I’d post it up here anyway because it’s really strange and really annoying. 
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the flag @independent_. Anyone else getting this?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    @Mike I asked in chat the other night the very first time it happened and everyone else said no aha. Gonna try it on my phone tonight see if it happens there. If it doesn’t it’s definitely my laptop but just wasn’t sure. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Update: it’s my laptop. Worked perfectly (sort of) on my phone. Feel free to ignore this don’t think it’s a chat bug.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    No promise here but when my laptop did that a while ago a clear of my history appeared to help, downside is getting pages back etc tho! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    I've tried that a number of times @Laine, it works for a little while then it starts up again. It's definitely my laptop, and I've had a few issues with chrome over the past few days so I've installed firefox and gonna try that with chat to see if it works a bit better. Chat is also very slow to load on chrome (but that may be my internet). 

Thank you though :) 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2020
    Cool, no problem @independent_ and thanks for the update. :3 I personally find Firefox to be one of the smoother browsers when it comes to using group chat, so hope you get more luck!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Thank you @Mike, I hope so too :)