Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sleep Schedule!

BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Okay, so my sleep schedule is VERY off at the moment haha (hence why this thread is created at around 4.25am...).

What are your typical sleeping hours now, as a result of the pandemic? 

I'm personally sleeping from about 5am to 4pm eek!

I hope you're all doing well  :3
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Same as yours at one point 😳

Now I sleep at around 12.30-1 and if I haven’t set an alarm I’ll naturally wake up around 9am. 😃

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I have still been going to school during coronavirus. 

Typically on a school night: 10pm-7:30am
    Typically on a weekend: 11pm-9am
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I nap a lot more 😂 I don't actually sleep. I just break the day into naps
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    My sleep schedule has actually got a lot better, I go to sleep anywhere between 10-1130 and I get up at 6 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I’ve been falling asleep anywhere between 1 and 3am, and waking up around 10 or 11.

I was finding this schedule to be better for me for several weeks, but now I’m back to being tired all the time so my body must have got used to it😂😂  
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Oh god that's something I dont wanna really talk about my sleep changes every single night aha. Usually i go to sleep sometime between 11pm- 5am and then sleep between 2-10 hours after that. Its a big range in times i know aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • AngelAngel Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    well next month I'm back at college and I have to be in bed before 9 pm and I wake up before 7 am and start 10-4 pm but they are going to reduce hours to 10-12:45 pm. then start increasing these hours. I hate finishing at 4 pm because it is too long 
  • BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    @Liam ooh how did you manage to get back on track? haha

@Kasa2103 ah I see. What year are you in?

@GreenTea I usually never nap, but have been doing so a lot recently  :s haha

@Eleanor wow, I couldn't even get up at 6am if everything was still normal haha. I'd typically get up at like 7.15am

@independent_ awh bless. might have to nap in between the days ;d apparently a 20 minute nap is ideal to re energise  :confused:

@Aidan woah, you're the first one I've seen that happen to :joy::joy:

@Starlight wow that is a big range! haha. By the way, I love your username!! omg! :star:

@Angel yeah long days are the worst :/ hopefully it'll get easier maybe!!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    BenMa said:
    @Liam ooh how did you manage to get back on track? haha

@Kasa2103 ah I see. What year are you in?

@GreenTea I usually never nap, but have been doing so a lot recently  :s haha

@Eleanor wow, I couldn't even get up at 6am if everything was still normal haha. I'd typically get up at like 7.15am

@independent_ awh bless. might have to nap in between the days ;d apparently a 20 minute nap is ideal to re energise  :confused:

@Aidan woah, you're the first one I've seen that happen to :joy::joy:

@Starlight wow that is a big range! haha. By the way, I love your username!! omg! :star:

@Angel yeah long days are the worst :/ hopefully it'll get easier maybe!!
    Year 9

The reason why I have carried on attending school is personal to me. My mum is a key worker and I am vulnerable (not medically.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @BenMa
    Naps are great. I would nap before lockdown. Coming home and napping after work would allow me to process the day which I found helpful. Now my day is just split into naps or like 4 hour bursts of sleep

(Won't qoute texts with lots of tags because don't want to annoy anyone with notifications
    BenMa Isometimes do nap but it makes very little difference, it’s just what I’m like usually always like a zombie haha.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    I stayed up all night & didn’t sleep in the day. 

I was a walking, talking zombie all day but slept like a wee baby during the next night ! 😅
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    @BenMa thank you  :)  :3 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    I sleep more now than before as I don't need to wake up early. I'm going to sleep at about 2 am most nights now and waking up at about 10-11. I don't feel tired anymore but am annoyed sometimes about not waking up early and 'wasting' the morning. I go back to school next week though so I'm going to have to adjust it a bit.
    EGM said:
    I sleep more now than before as I don't need to wake up early. I'm going to sleep at about 2 am most nights now and waking up at about 10-11. I don't feel tired anymore but am annoyed sometimes about not waking up early and 'wasting' the morning. I go back to school next week though so I'm going to have to adjust it a bit.
    @EGM you’re on about the same schedule as me. People always tell me I’m wasting the day but I feel that you get the same amount of hours anyway. People who go to bed early are wasting the night ;)
  • EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    @EGM you’re on about the same schedule as me. People always tell me I’m wasting the day but I feel that you get the same amount of hours anyway. People who go to bed early are wasting the night ;)
    @independent_ So true! I prefer the night anyway as it is quiet and quite beautiful
    EGM said:
    @independent_ So true! I prefer the night anyway as it is quiet and quite beautiful
    @EGM I agree so much! No one wants me to do anything for them either which is amazing!