Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coming out and feeling good! Positive Experiences of Coming Out ♡

coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
Hello again, and happy pride month! 

Today I thought we could discuss 'coming out' and hopefully start a thread with some positive stories. Coming out can feel like an extremely daunting thing to do. I truly believe that it's unfair and wrong that people are made to feel this way - love is love and should absolutely be celebrated in all it's forms. What on earth is there to hate about sharing love? :heart:

However, it doesn't always have to be daunting and it can, and should be, something that is celebrated! So I thought we could start a thread to share positive coming out stories. If you are comfortable sharing your story, one that made you feel great, it would be amazing if you could share it down below. Then, if anybody is feeling worried, this could be a nice thread to turn to to recognise that things really can be okay :smile:

If you don't have a story to share, or you don't wish to share, then perhaps you could just leave some words of encouragement for anybody who may need it! Let's all spread the love and remember to celebrate each and every one of us, and love yourselves and love those around you, for exactly who you and they are :heart:

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Love this coc0! :)

Me and one of my brothers have always been particularly close so he was the first person I came out to as Pansexual which was gosh a few years ago! From there on I eventually came out to my family and didn't have any issues all were very supportive and I know how lucky I was for that 💖 

I started attending an LGBT youth group and soon became a volunteer at their gender identity family days. It was from there I discovered non binary and my family was once again supportive of it. I made so many lasting friends from that time and it carried onwards to college.

Many of them at the youth group wanted binders or a pride flag of their own but could not get one due to unsupportive parents so I started ordering them to my house and gave them to them :) 

Some time after my brother came out as gay to me and I was really honoured he trusted me with it x

From there on I've pretty much advocated and adopted those who do not have the support at home.

My words to anyone is no matter the outcome there are people out there who accept you for you And it's those people you will surround yourself with and it will make you happy 💖 

No matter what happens we're here x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Wow, thank you for sharing! I love that you had super supportive people around you, and then continued to share that support with others. What a truly wonderful story :heart:

And I absolutely love your advice - perfectly said! Lots of love :heart: