Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mental Health Awareness Week 1

CassheewdhasunshineCassheewdhasunshine Posts: 12 Settling in
Hey everyone, I hope you are doing well! As you may know, May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Through the month, I’ll share with you some tools, information, resources and activities in order to support you in your mental health journey and to help you to express yourself! I created some informative pictures for you just below I hope you’ll enjoy them! My first question for you is: :

How does your mental health affect your life? 

Comments

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Thank you for posting this and sharing the information @Cassheewdhasunshine!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Thankyou for posting this! :)

Mental health effects every aspect of my life, but I guess that's because recovery isn't a one time choice, I have to choose it every day, multiple times a day. when I wake up, I have to choose whether to get out of bed or not, I have to choose to eat, to not do anything destructive, I have to choose to go to work and try not break down.

it effects my friendships, I always have to know plans in advance or I start to disassociate and panic. sometimes I have to cancel plans last minute, im lucky to have such good friends that they understand.

it effects my family, I have bpd and often take my anger out on them when I don't mean too, they've put up with a lot of shit from me haha, but they somewhat understand its not me, it's the disorder taking control.

it effects my work life, think I've done 3 or 4 whole days at work this year, most of the time I have to come home for a nap due to my meds, or just as a break  from the madness there

im lucky in a lot of ways as I have such understanding friends/family/ manager... but it doesn't make it any easier, mental health effects every aspect of my life, that's why when im recovered, I don't know who i'll be anymore, I've been ill for so long it's all I know now...
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hey @Cassheewdhasunshine

Love your work! It's really great to see you promoting Mental Health Awareness Month in May! We are planning to do a little bit of work on this during Mental Health Awareness Week starting next Monday (18th), if you're keen to get involved drop @The Mix  a PM and let us know. 

Keep doing what you're doing - it is such an important topic to be chatting about. 

@BubblesGoesBoo thanks for being brave and sharing your experience. You have worded it beautifully. I know it's hard - you're not alone  <3

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• CassheewdhasunshineCassheewdhasunshine Posts: 12 Settling in
    @BubblesGoesBoo Thank you so much for sharing your story and your experience with us! You are extremely strong and I'm so happy that people around you are very understanding - having a support system is so important <3 Don't forget that you are not alone, it's hard but I believe in you and in your healing journey <3 If you need to talk, don't hesitate to post here - we are here for you and you are not alone. 

@Italia OMG Yes, I would love to be involved!! I'll send you a message now ! I sincerely love raising awareness around Mental Health it's so important! I'll drop @The Mix a PM now! :)<3