Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Trouble Sleeping

StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
I haven't been able to get to sleep for over the past week, I've been feeling so overwhelmed with school work my teachers keep setting and I've also become increasingly more paranoid. I'm scared there is always someone watching me or waiting outside my bedroom door, waiting to get me and I know this sounds stupid but I don't know what to do about it. 
Also, I am petrified of falling asleep for some reason, like I just lie there shaking and crying like if I fall asleep its the end of the world. It probably doesn't help that I'm also super scared of dying and the idea of death. I feel so strange and different, is this a normal fear?
These two main things along with a variety of other worries and stresses which bring me down every day anyways make it so hard to fall asleep and even though I really don't want to sleep I know I have to. Recently I have been falling asleep about 5 am most days and then sleeping for hour intervals with about 15 minutes in between until about 12 and it's started to worry me because I know it's not a healthy sleep schedule and I've started to feel the effects of having lack of sleep which just enhances how paranoid I feel constantly and how overwhelmed I get which just makes the whole situation 100x worse for me.
I just wish I could be normal and function like a normal human being rather than being anxious and overwhelmed 24/7, it's starting to just become too much for me to handle and I don't know how much longer I can take it. 

“I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *

Comments

• StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    To add to that I've also been experiencing horrible nightmares almost every night which just makes everything worse again and never allows me to wake up in a positive mindset ever. 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *