Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ive been thinking

christinaj123christinaj123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
so since i've been off school because of everything that's been happening, i've started thinking a lot about how easy it would be to finally tell my pastoral care teacher about everything with how i think i have social anxiety and all, but the only way i can talk to her is through email and i don't want to send her an email and be like 'hi miss sorry to bother you but i think i have social anxiety and i'm really struggling especially in school' that's just weird. and even if i did do that she'd have to phone my mum and tell because she cant talk to me but i don't know i'm just really stressed and confused about everything right now including everything to do with my family :/

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Hi there,

It’s great that you’ve realised how good it would be if you could talk to your teacher. What is the confidentiality policy at your school like? I know very little about this, but she might not necessarily have to phone your mum and might be able to talk to you. That was certainly the case at my school when I was there.

I appreciate it’s hard to write that email, but sometimes I think it’s better for some people if they can write things down, it lets you get all your thoughts down in one place and in one email. I guess maybe with being off school it’s made you realise how difficult school is for you, which I’m sure your teacher will understand. Maybe take a bit of time on the email if you want to write it, you don’t have to write it all in one go.

I always hated school too and many parts of it made me really anxious too so I get how you feel here.

Good luck, take care.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @christinaj123

Just echoing what @independent_ has said, it's really great that you have been able to think about this :heart:

It can be worrying when we open up to somebody if they think they might share it with other people, such as your mum. But that's not always the case. What is it that makes you think she would have to phone your mum? 

I don't think it's weird at all. I think it shows a lot of strength and courage, and if I was a teacher I would really respect a student if they opened up to me like that and be very grateful that they did. You really deserve to be supported :heart:
  • christinaj123christinaj123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    hi @independent_

im not sure what the confidentiality policy is but i dont think they need to phone parents unless youre in serious danger but im just scared incase she does.

i think it is because of the lockdown because on a normal day id go to school and id need to talk to people, be in crowds and worry about everything and anything, but now i dont need to talk to anyone and i can just do my schoolwork and then email it to my teachers. i dont need to worry about what people think of me, nobody has heard anything from me since school finished so they cant think anything and i dont need to go out so i dont need to worry about anything at all. im free of all worry and it feels so good i just wish it could last 
  • christinaj123christinaj123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    hi @coc0mac

im not exactly sure why i think she'd phone my mum but i know that if we were in school id obviously talk to her and we have a councillor from stepping stones work in our school so id talk with her too but were not at school so i wouldnt be able to talk to them and im not sure but im just scared 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @christinaj123

I understand. Perhaps you could send them an email explaining that you would like to open up about something but you are worried about the confidentiality. They should be able to talk you through exactly when they would need to call home, to reassure you :heart: