Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feeling better since the pandemic

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
I know this is a weird thing to say but i have felt better since this pandemic..  dunno if anyone else has?  i knew something bad was going to happen. I mean I always think that but yeah.  Its like im not missing out on things anymore because everyone else is stuck at home too. And for once i feel less alone. It does sound really selfish but i don’t know what it is. I dont mean i want others to suffer just feel less alone.
I feel bit guilty
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by TheMix on
Tagged:

Comments

• ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    It's understandable. Two things can be at the same time. It's great that you feel less alone, it is not selfish at all.

I kinda have a double feeling about this too. Everything is more relaxed now, people not rushing in daily life. But also feel guilty because I wished for something like this to happen
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    There's always silver linings in bad situations :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Yeah its like im mot having the pressure to go out and do stuff all the time. I can plan things, relax and have time to exercise. And no long commutes.

On the other hand there are things like livestream events and group chats im not invited to :( and it was alright like the first week but gradually im like ehh when i can i get out and back to normal. 
    Does make you think though and have time for creative activities and stuff.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I defo think its a matter of perspective and opinion, theres ways to look at things more positively.

My anxiety i feel is no different as the level of fear people are experiencing is my daily life.
    i am however feeling the weight of the depression so its a weird double for me

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld