Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to cope with anxiety

DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
I’m new to this, so I’m sorry if this is wrong. I’ve been on medication for my anxiety for a few months and I felt like it was getting a bit better. Now with everything that’s happening I feel like it’s getting worse again. I did have an appointment but it got cancelled and I don’t know if I’ll be able to rebook it so I thought I might give this a try in the meantime to see if it helps.

The main thing I think is making it worse at the minute is my uni have just released that our exams will be held in a different format, but haven’t really given us much details about it. I’m worried that I’ll fail because I’ll have to do it at home and I don’t really work well at home or that I will run out of time, because it’s different to a normal exam and I’m not used to it. 

Does anyone have any advice on what to do or how to cope with this anxiety? x
The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Heya :) I think that feeling anxious at this time is a natural reaction to something that disrupts our lives in this way, so you're certainly not alone in feeling this way. It will be hard, but do make sure to reach out to loved ones, supporting each other is so important through this!

I've had the same thing with my exams, it's not ideal but I imagine they're doing the best that they can. They should be releasing details in the next few days, so you'll know for sure soon! I think the best thing to do is find a room where you can study in peace, that helps a lot. After that, we simply have to do the best we can. Some unis have also implemented a non-detriment policy, so that you won't be losing out due to the situations, as well as streamlining EC applications. Help is on hand :) Of course, I'm about if you ever want to chat more about this, we're going through the same thing here. Hope all goes well for you!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Thanks for replying @Azziman, I really appreciate it 😊
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.