Home Health & Wellbeing
We are writing some music with the help of a professional band! Share some small positive stories from lockdown to contribute our song over on this thread!
Want to discuss Coronavirus/COVID-19? Head to the dedicated forum.

How I'm getting on at the moment.

2»

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,936 Postholic
    I hope I'm not bothering you at all, I just wanted to reply to say I read your updates and am supporting you <3 I care - I certainly don't shrug it off and you're truly valued here. I love hearing how you're getting on. Keep up the good work and we're here if you need advice or just to vent at any point x
  • HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 56 Miniposter
    @_John we are all here for you and care for you. Post whenever you feel comfortable or whenever you need to no matter the surcumstances and remember we are here to listen and support, never feel like you need to be more active.

Sending you all the support I can and hope things start looking up for you. Post when ever you can ❤️❤️
  • _John_John Posts: 42 Cool Newbie
    15# (Friday 27th March 2020)

Another lonely birthday for me, same as before. 

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."  - Sun Tzu
    Ed_AidanEleanor
  • Ed_Ed_ Posts: 326 Staff Moderator
    Happy Birthday @_John - am sure there will be lots of people on the community joining in to celebrate with you
    "Such is the way of the world, you can never know, Just where to put all your faith, And how will it grow. Gonna rise up, Burning black holes in dark memories, Gonna rise up, Turning mistakes into gold" Eddie Vedder
    _John
  • AidanAidan Potato Posts: 1,756 Postholic
    Happy birthday! Hope you have a nice day :smile:
    This shit is bananas
    b - a - n - a - n - a - s
    _John
  • RileyRiley Posts: 482 Super Moderator
    Happy Birthday @_John sorry to hear that you're feeling lonely but at least you can get plenty of well wishes here on the boards! :+1:
    _John
  • EleanorEleanor Posts: 231 The Mix convert
    edited March 27
    Happy Birthday! @_John

I'm refusing to let you feel lonely on your birthday so I'm throwing you a virtual party!

_John
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 8,148 Boards Champion
    Hey john. I hope you had a good birthday!  I read your updates when i see them and I'm glad you share them. How are you doing now? 
    Stop imagining fake scenarios and hurting your own feelings 
    _John
    16# (Saturday 4th April 2020)

It's one of those days where I try my best to be happy. Even without the current situation were we in right now, for every argument it gets obstructed and I'll be depressed at the end of the day. 

I always hide my feelings, unless I will let it all out once a perfect opportunity happens.

Shaunie
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 510 Moderator
    Hey @_John Just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling today?  :)
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 8,148 Boards Champion
    _John said:
    16# (Saturday 4th April 2020)

It's one of those days where I try my best to be happy. Even without the current situation were we in right now, for every argument it gets obstructed and I'll be depressed at the end of the day. 

I always hide my feelings, unless I will let it all out once a perfect opportunity happens.

It is good to talk and not let it build up. Trying your best is all we can do sometimes and it's half the battle. But with your determination i believe in you. I hope it is helping writing here!
    Stop imagining fake scenarios and hurting your own feelings 
    edited April 19
    17# (Sunday 19th April 2020)

Did something generous today.

Since people are expected to stay at their homes for another month by any chance, I'm going to donate £10 towards The Mix in order to help young vulnerable people during these times. I really wish I could donate more, but I have one main goal in mind that I must consider later on.

You're welcome. :)

Jade09Shaunie
    edited May 3
    18# (Sunday 3rd May 2020)

It's great to write about not being depressed for over a month. There's something I enjoy, maintaining healthy relationships between my parents and healthy living is the main reason why I kept my good mood consistently. 

Also, I considered myself as a Key Worker since I work at a care home meaning that I go to work as usual as long as I follow the rules during the epidemic. Which means I always have something to get distracted as it's really benefiting me. 

Completely ignoring articles and topics through social media and news about COVID-19 is relaxing for me. This is so I don't get myself worried about the current situation whether there's progress or not as well as statistics still accumulating, which it made me feel a little bit miserable to come across already.

I'm feeling well if anyone wants to know. :) 

HowDoYouTalkAboutItJade09Shaunie
    19# (Wednesday 20th May 2020)

To be honest, I really wish I could have inspiration to do some drawings and sketches related to what I’m going to do in my career as well as deep interests with it. I just don’t enough courage to do it. Because I can’t resist video games since I was a child, which is kind of embarrassing for me to talk about and something to get used to. Just plain addiction.

All I do is wait for a perfect opportunity and once I’m on that path I’ll try to gain momentum. I get why I sometimes didn’t get to seek a chance to take action because I know there will be a support if I decide to take it. Hopefully my parents will understand that I will always have a chance to change my life, it takes time that’s all.

At the moment, I’m decreasingly lacking motivation and there’s small possibility that I will recover from it. This is nothing do with mental health, I’m all okay. It’s just I’m enjoying my time right now.

Shaunie