Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TV program

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,961 Community Veteran
I watched ' nightmare in suburbia' tht triggered me off n made me panic, can Tele do that?

Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    yes! there have been many times I've been triggered by something on the tv, hence why I don't watch it anymore, it's best just to remove yourself from the situation and focus on something lighter. <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    I would say so, TV has a lot of things that can be triggering to some people but ok for others. There are usually some types of warnings on programmes with things like violence, sex, self-harm, etc in them to warn people and they often post helpline numbers after the show.

I hope you’re ok.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Sometimes I wish I was burnt alive after the sexual assault like she was in the documentary. I been struggling l8ly. Because my abusers afterwards went too far
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I don't phone helplines coz I'm afraid to talk
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    My mind thinks I'm still in the harmful environment. I'm not ok
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I understand it can be hard to talk to people on helplines, but they are there to help you. Have you thought about using ones you can text, such as shout? 

Failing that, have you anyone (such as a counsellor) you can talk to?

Do you have any things that help to distract you, such as music or drawing that you enjoy doing?

We are always here if you need to talk or just need a virtual hug.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Wats shout's number
    It's nearly the end of therapy. Wat after
    I like keyboard but I can't do tht atm coz of the outbreak, I play pc and PS3+4 , sometimes non of that works.
    Do I not go out now
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Wats shout's number
    It's nearly the end of therapy. Wat after
    I like keyboard but I can't do tht atm coz of the outbreak, I play pc and PS3+4 , sometimes non of that works.
    Do I not go out now
    Shout’s number is 85258. If you send a text to that number with the word “Shout”, or “themix” or “YM”, you will be connected to a crisis volunteer. They’re really good, I’ve texted them before. You can also email the samaritans on jo@samaritans.org.uk.

Could you maybe speak to your therapist about options for after your sessions are finished?

By keyboard, do you mean musical keyboard? Playing games can really pass time and be a distraction for the mind too (I’ve never been a gamer but I know many who are).

The outbreak has been hard for a lot of people (me included) so far and I also hate not being able to go out. Know that you aren’t alone. 
  • Options
    I have a Yamaha keyboard and I do nightwish n apocalyptica covers
    Crazy mad insane