Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A positive fortress of solitude

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
edited March 2020 in Positivity Corner

If you didn't know, the fortress of solitude was an ice palace that Superman uses to reflect and contemplate what is going on for them (apologies to @Mike in advance for me probably butchering the reference)

The news at the moment with the Coronavirus is understandably something that is going to be worrying for people, both on a personal front and also the fear for people close to us that may be affected. We know this is something that will take a toll on everyone's wellbeing, so I thought it would be good to get a thread going of small things that can help give a small bit of distraction or headspace. This could be funny videos, jokes, shows to watch etc. Interested in what other things you may want in our fortress :)

Equally, this could be good to share positive things that are happening in the world too, the news will be dominated by scary things, but with all bad news, there will be amazing stories of people going above and beyond to help others.
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    To get things kicked off, I seem to have got into a bit of a niche area of the internet with animals dancing to Queen's greatest hits. In particular, these two have been my favourites:

https://youtu.be/cJOZp2ZftCw 

https://youtu.be/_qlGIo5M3_I
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Reading! writing, doing artsy stuff, cleaning and tidying are my go to distractions, just something to get me away from social media helps :)

currently reading -the boy who followed his father into Auschwitz 
    writing - in my journal (to get the negative thoughts out) and letter to my penpals where the C word is banned! (some of them are on minimal stimulation so they're not allowed their phones etc or look at the news (which currently is a good thing)
    artsy stuff - gotten really into sequin art again :)
    cleaning/tidying - I do this mainly everyday, just put on some music and clean (I love the smell of detol) (and I have this lavender & chamomile floor cleaner I use in my room and it helps me sleep :lol:  )
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''