Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the Winter!

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
edited February 2020 in General Chat
Hey everyone! :) 

Sorry it's been a while, but we're back with Post of the Month! Feeling very honoured to be delivering this edition, so thanks to The Mix team for the opportunity <3 . That being said, it's time to vote on your favourite Post of the Month Winter!

What is Post of the Month?
For those of you who aren't familiar with Post of the Month, each month you can nominate threads and replies you've seen on the boards. We then put up a poll and the reply with the most votes wins Post of the Month.

You can nominate a post by flagging it, selecting Report, and then choosing 'Post of the Month nomination' as the reason. It can really make someone's day to know that their comment was so appreciated that they're considered for this, so if you see a post that was particularly helpful, inspiring, moving... be sure to nominate it and spread that love around! <3

Before we share the nominations for this vote, we again want to acknowledge how brave each and every one of you is for reaching out for support. This takes so much courage and we're so proud of you all - this place wouldn't be the same with you <3 

1. Kathleen07 - On getting through the lowest points in life
Kathleen07 said:
Please don't. For anything that's worth, please don't <3 I know it's awful and you must be feeling really hopeless, but it will work out okay. Please don't give up on yourself yet, see what tomorrow brings. You might really want to die and I respect that it's your life, but I promise you that it's not the best for anyone else. I'd feel devastated if you were gone. Teddy would be crying wondering where his lovely owner was, your sisters would miss you and grieve you beyond words. You were born with a place in the world and it's for a generous, amazing person who has chances with life. I know that doesn't take away the thoughts and pain, just please stay safe and hold on. There's a way out of the things you feel won't get better and a life to look forward to, I truly have faith in that. You've made a lot of progress in my eyes like your peer support worker training and going to counselling, and you'll keep making it.

I'm so sorry you're hurting like this and I'm always here if you want to talk or need anything <3 

2. Salix_alba_2019 - Helping a friend in need of support
Salix_alba_2019 said:
Our wonderful kasa is one the most talented and creative people we know. She's a ball of fun energy, can speak loads of languages andddddddd has a big Big heart ♥️

I know you might not feel like you're any use but you are. You inspire me to go out there and try to gain some more skills and languages. I'm yet to take up sign language but when I do, you'll be the first to know 😉💖

3. Shaunie - Supporting a friend through a difficult time
Shaunie said:
 <3 @Lubna i cant imagine how hard that must be 💔. My heart goes out to you  and will be thinking of you. Im sorry i cant relate. I hope someone replies who can. We'll support you through it <3 x

4. BubblesGoesBoo - On getting support for eating disorders
Hey :)

first of all well done for reaching out for help and realizing you can't go on like this.. it's a slippery slope and getting out of it is tough. have you spoken to your GP or anyone about this? they may be able to refer you to a dietician and they can put together a meal plan to help get you back on track.

is your boyfriend supportive? its important to have a good support circle around you..

B-eat have lots of good information about eating, here's a link about going to the GP 
https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk/recovery-information/going-to-the-doctor

gaining weight is not a bad thing, everyone has a natural set point and no set point is the same. it was hard for me to accept my set point as its on the higher end of healthy, but its the weight my body functions better at.  its the weight that allows me to play games with my nephew, go to work and social events, I can laugh, run and sit down without being in pain.. its the weight that got me my life back. cause what is a life when it revolves around calories and exercise? its not a life at all, you say you started restricting  as a coping mechanism, but you're only damaging yourself in the long run.

I really hope you do reach out to your GP, let us know how you get on <3 

5. Shaunie (again!) - On grieving the loss of a loved one
Shaunie said:
I am so sorry for your lose. I cant imagine how painful it all must feel. 

Everyones different and theres no timescale on grief. It still sounds pretty recent. The first year can feel the worst, with the first dates of things. I dont think there is a time you completly get over that - it will always hurt cause you was close & some days things may trigger it and completly break you because you was very close. But as time goes on i hope you have more happy/avarage days than the sad ones & it becomes less painful and you keep all the good memories <3 & i really wish you all the best in your healing x

take lots of care of yourself & let us know how youre if you like. Wed listen x <3

Vote below! star

~ Azziman <3

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Post of the Winter! 7 votes

Kathleen07 - On getting through the lowest points in life
57%
SienaLaineRileyJade09 4 votes
Salix_alba_2019 - Helping a friend in need of support
14%
GreenTea 1 vote
Shaunie - Supporting a friend through a difficult time
14%
BubblesGoesBoo 1 vote
BubblesGoesBoo - On getting support for eating disorders
14%
JustV 1 vote
Shaunie - On grieving the loss of a loved one
0%

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Thank you for the nom as always - it's really uplifting <3 One of the others should win though!
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Awww I've just seen this, thank you for the nomination! 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Aaaand the results are in!

@Kathleen07, you win Post of the Winter, congratulations!  =)

Thanks again to all the nominees - see you all next time on Post of the Month! :D

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    BubblesGoesBoo - On getting support for eating disorders
    Woop! Congratulations @Kathleen07. Well deserved. :)

We'd usually give a badge for POTM winners, and it looks like you already have that badge and it can't be given twice. Buuuut, something we've been meaning to start doing again is announcing POTM winners on the boards in those message boxes - and we've done that this time. :star:  
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aww, thank you. I've had a really rough past month and seeing this cheered me up a little. I appreciate it so much <3