Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weekly challenge #137

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey folks, so for these next two weeks the challenge is 'kindness' 

This could be, being kind to yourself, or somebody else. 

Feel free to share in this thread what you've done to be kind :heart:

Feel free to vote for the next weekly challenge and as always head over to this thread to share your ideas 

:heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #137 3 votes

Come out of your comfort zone (Do something you wouldn't normally do)
100% 3 votes
Lets create a story
0% 0 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    I complemented @Mike 's beard today. 
  • Options
    I helped a new volunteer settle in today at the place that I volunteer :smile: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I jumped in to cover someone who needed a 5 minute break at work today
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    being kind by writing out positive quote cards to send out to my penpals :)

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Being kind to myself and gonna be logging off (til chat) and doing a face mask, colouring /writing with some candles going 😊 (and maybe a hot chocolate 😂) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Kindness to me today: taking Myself straight home from work for a bit of self care!
  • Options

Being kind to my body and doing a 28 day teatox 😁💪

• Options
    complemented a stranger on her hair :)
  • Options
    Hey folks :heart:

Just wanted to pop on to say I'm loving reading everyone's replies. 

So today I cleaned and tidied my bedroom. So it's a lovely clean/cleared space for me to sleep and relax :smile:

• Options
    Helped a little elderly lady with her shopping earlier, she couldn't understand why things had run out
  • Options
    There's a little old lady on the estate who I see going to the shop basically everyday, she always calls me Judith and we have a wee chat (that's not my name 😂) haven't seen her in a few days so my plan today is to go check on her and see if she needs anything 😊
  • Options
    bought 3 people items yesterday off their self care amazon wishlists :) doing my bit to spread the positivity during this pandemic :lol:
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Asked the neighbours if needed anything
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley