Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self - Care ideas ♡

fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
Self-care is important to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself - sometimes known as self-love - as it produces positive feelings and boosts your confidence and self-esteem. Also, self-care is necessary to remind yourself and others that you and your needs are important too. 

A few ideas from me to get you started: 
1. Find a new hobby or revisit an old one 
2. Read fiction for an hour 
3. Write a limerick or a haiku 
4. Buy a colouring book and crayons - adult colouring books are a really good therapy 
5. Read a magazine 
6. Make time for meditation in your day 
7. Do some art (drawing, painting or any other kind) 
8. Take a break from social media 
9. Call a friend or family member, just to say hi
10. Make yourself a fancy coffee drink 
11. Listen to songs that remind you of happier times 
12. Watch your favourite film or tv program 
13. Do some gardening
14. Do some baking - you can try something new or bake your old favourites 
15. Just let go, dance around your room or sing your heart out to some music 

“Put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day and the rest will fall into place”

What do you do to self-care? 
« I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
Tagged:

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I dunno if this counts. But I want to make a more of a concious effort to find a hobby. And let myself enjoy stuff and sometimes think self hate stops me from letting myself enjoy something. So will try self love and self care in that sense 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    And have a nice meal. Treat yourself for once
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Declutter

Give self a compliment 

Unfollow people that make you feel bad

get away from phone for some time

Be in nature

mindfulness!

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Draw
    Relax in nature
    Watch the clouds
    Enjoy reading a book
    Watch a useful video
    Practice a new skill

Has anyone got a Jade Face roller? 

Apperently thats meant to be really theraputic and relaxing. And its suppose to thin your face, give good blood curcliation, make skin cleaner, anti aging, decreases puffyness and aapperently helps with dark circles under eyes. 

I want one
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie said:

Apperently thats meant to be really theraputic and relaxing. And its suppose to thin your face, give good blood curcliation, make skin cleaner, anti aging, decreases puffyness and aapperently helps with dark circles under eyes. 

I want one
    These do sound cool :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Lovely thread idea! 

My favourite self care idea has to be a movie night, love putting on a good film with snacks and zoning out for a bit!

Love all of the ideas mentioned above also  <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Shaunie said:

I want one
    Hi @Shaunie

I have one, I've only used it once so I'm yet to discover the full effects of it but I do find it rather therapeutic. Especially if I'm not feeling well it can be quite relaxing and therapeutic as it stays rather cool so feels quite soothing and it takes my mind off things when I'm rolling my face 
    mags98 said:
    Shaunie said:

I want one
    Hi @Shaunie

I have one, I've only used it once so I'm yet to discover the full effects of it but I do find it rather therapeutic. Especially if I'm not feeling well it can be quite relaxing and therapeutic as it stays rather cool so feels quite soothing and it takes my mind off things when I'm rolling my face 
    I have one now too!  I brought one for my sister for christmas but acidentaly brought two lol i swear i need to stop buying online cause just accodently but stuff. 

But i actually love it. Dunno whether it does Anything to my skin yet cause only used few tjmes but use in the morning the smaller end for my eyes and because its so cold it makes me feel more awake. 
  • boaboa Moderator, Staff Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    This is a great idea for a thread. The best self care activity for me is running. I always feel so much better for it. Yoga also really works for me.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Not sure where to put this, but can anyone suggest some good face masks? I want to get back to using them but never know what ones to go for! 💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited January 2020
    Not sure where to put this, but can anyone suggest some good face masks? I want to get back to using them but never know what ones to go for! 💖
    Animal ones just cause theyre fun. Ha but says somethint about pores. Ive got a leapard one on right now, matching with my sister. 
    opened the door to postman like it lol
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I love the Garnier moisture bomb masks. With face masks I think a lot of it is experimenting which work for you and depends on your skin needs
    mags98 said:
    I love the Garnier moisture bomb masks. With face masks I think a lot of it is experimenting which work for you and depends on your skin needs
    I'll have to look into them, I used to love the moisture bomb creams 😊

@Shaunie I need them in my life 😂😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Found glittery face masks at the pharmacy, my life is complete haha, cant wait to try it!
    when you don't know what to do so close your eyes and point at the screen :lol: apparently im doing some art :)