Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling Intimidated and Down

So I was in a well known supermarket this evening and there was a group of lads who looked to be around 17 years old and they came up to me and just started asking me really weird questions. Then when I was paying and walking out the shop I could see they were filming me.

They have made me feel really uneasy and it is bring back my school's days when I was bullied.

I know they are only teenagers but how is it right for an adult man to be made to feel intimidated.

I have never felt this down or intimidated since when I was back at school and I honestly thought I was a stronger person since I was bullied at school, however I felt tonight and that I got home and in to bed crying, shows the affect they have had on me.

I didn't know them and I don't think they knew me, and I feel like I should have maybe confronted them as to why they picked me and were filming me. I really just dislike people as what need did they have to make me feel like that and why were they filming me.

Has anyone else been through similar or have any ideas why adults get made to feel intimidated. I thought this was things that only happen in school - not adult life.

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aww, it's horrible that you were bullied in school <3 Do you want to talk more about that?

Those teens might've been picking on you because they need to take their feelings out on someone, or because of peer pressure and trying to look cool, or anything really - but what I can say is that it's not you. It makes sense that you feel intimidated.

I haven't been properly bullied or anything but kids I don't know have picked on me before too. They'd shove me off the pavement or shout hello sarcastically, it was funny but I remember I was too hesitant to go out once because of it. Do you feel any better now? <3
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Feeling intimated isn't a nice experience and I'm sorry these teenagers made you feel this way.
    Being bullied totally sucks and I understand why this incident brought you back to the school days. Do you want to talk more about that?

Did you inform security of their behaviour? If not that's totally fine too. By the sounds of it they were probably just bored and Messing around but it's still not an excuse