Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wide awake

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
It’s currently 2:40am and I’m still awake! 😑😑 I have to be up at 6 so...... I’m going to be a zombie tomorrow! If you are awake why?😂 don’t particularly know why I’m awake but maybe this has something to do with it.

everyones on holiday mum and dad have gone Mallorca for a week while my brother has gone Cornwall for a few days which a only a couple hours away, meaning I’m all on my own, I had a very nice evening all chilled and relaxed. The house is all locked up and secured. I’m all tucked up in bed

1:30am
Someone is trying to open the door and is knocking on.. 

My brain: “shit I’m not expecting anyone so who the hell is knocking and trying get in my house?” 

My logic: ignore them, don’t move and they will go away. I can call the police if I need too.

It carries on so I decide I’ll have to investigate a little.

I stand on my landing and notice there is a familiar figure standing at my door. As it seems familiar I decide to open the door.......It’s  only my brother who has come back 2 days early 🙄🙄 
Who comes back at 1:30am from somewhere they could have easily come back later in the morning or in afternoon.
Like I seriously shit myself it very early morning I’m alone and no one is due back.

My brothers response: why did you leave the key in the door?

Me: Maybe because you weren’t due back till Tuesday evening!

Kinda glad I did leave the key in now though 😂😂 would have been much more scared if someone actually got in the house especially as I recently lost a key.

and now I’m just awake 🙄

why are you awake?

ps. Was hoping for 1 more night alone 😫

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I’m awake at 3.25am lol 

because am anxious and upset etc 

and also it gets to a point where I’ll be more tired if I sleep than if I just stay up all night haha
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Aww hope you’re ok I’m still awake think I’ve given up now 🤷‍♀️I’m going be rough as hell
    at work tomorrow 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I got up at 6 o’clock to go to the loo then went back to bed for half an hour and woke up at 6:30
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I stayed awake lol am tired now gonna go home and nap after therap
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I had a nap this morning as well @Jellyelephant
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Still awake 😂 its now been 28 hours but don’t dare g bed yet otherwise I’ll be up early hours again! Maybe half 9/10