Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General and support chat thread (25/06/19)

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
So hey guys! 

Chatwee is sadly down tonight, i get this may be upsetting for people(it is for me too, was looking forward to modding!) but no fear, i figured we could have a thread here for us to chat to each other if needed, support seeking is still allowed, but treat it like you would any ol thread, and respond like you would on the boards, all boards guidelines still apply, You can read them here if unsure :)

All boring stuff aside, how is everyone? been up to anything nice over the weekend? xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

Comments

• dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    @Laine thank you so much for doing this. im not doing so good, and my weekend consisted of rehearsals, and breakdowns, yourself?
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Thank you for making this thread @Laine , sure it will help many people  <3

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sorry to hear of the breakdowns @dancertori but rehearsals sound fun, hopefully not too stressful! 

I mostly chilled, went to a fair and stayed in for rest, was a bit ill so stayed in bed watching Americas got talent haha :)

No problem @Butterfly23 <3 hope you're doing well x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

@Laine well we have to fit over 100 people on a stage on the prom, so rehaersal was stresfull figuring out how to do it lol
    @dancertori Sorry to hear about the breakdowns, but it sounds like the rehearsals were quite fun! 

@Laine That sounds like an interesting and chilled weekend haha 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey Laine, thank you for starting this thread.

Just thought I'd pop in to say hey and ask how everyone is doing?

:heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I’m so sad and feel like am dying and I’m lonely 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    @Jellyelephant do you know whats made you feel like that?

Hi @Stephanie im not doing too good, yourself?
    @Jellyelephant sending hugs, do you want to share more about what's happening? :heart: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @dancertori sorry to hear that. Feel free to chat about it more if you need too.

I'm good thank you. :heart: 

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    in need of some distractions tonight, any suggestions? <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    in need of some distractions tonight, any suggestions? <3
    Making playlists, doodling, sleeping, um.. baking 

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Thanks I believe am dying but my doctor said am not and gave me medication to “calm me down” because she said I’m anxious and having panic attacks. 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    @Stephanie I've been getting really bad flashbacks, and cant control them at all, and voices, that are stronger than i am telling me to do things i dont wanna do :(
    Thanks I believe am dying but my doctor said am not and gave me medication to “calm me down” because she said I’m anxious and having panic attacks. 
    Ah sounds difficult. Is the medication helping you? 

Struggling a lot if im honest :(

Sending my love to everyone struggling, I understand its really hard  <3
    @Stephanie I've been getting really bad flashbacks, and cant control them at all, and voices, that are stronger than i am telling me to do things i dont wanna do :(
    Sounds difficult. Do you have a safety plan in place for when your struggling? Also do you have any distractions that help you 

@Jellyelephant, what has led you to believe you are dying? have they done tests?

@BubblesGoesBoo is there anything you enjoy doing, drawing, reading, tv ect
    @Butterfly23 do you want to talk about it?

@Stephanie i did used to have a safety plan, but like most of it isnt relevant anymore, and nothing really helps when im like this:(

anyone know if Holby is on tonight, lastweek it threw my week off

Sorry to hear that @Jellyelephant

I think if you're doctor told you you're not then thats very positive! it could be because you're feeling anxious, it comes with a term called "impending doom" maybe try some breathing exercises or anything you like to keep you busy? anything to distract you?

Talking of distractions, @BubblesGoesBoo is there anything you enjoy? any movies or films you like? you could try a new show, listen to some music, get a nice bath, a good cup of tea or something? :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

@dancertori Hugs  <3

Just struggling a lot, my thoughts arent good :(

sorry dont want Holby City x
    @dancertori holby was on BBC one at 8pm til 9pm. It's on iplayer now though.

Aw sorry to hear you're struggling @Butterfly23 is there anything in particular getting to you today? x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

@Laine

I had to do this list thing with someone at college, for CMHT to make sure that I mention everything that I need to in the assessment and that brought a lot of feelings up I think :( 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Hi. 😭
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    @Butterfly23 if you dont want to talk about it here, you can PM me and we can talk in private.

@stephanie i always watch it later that its on as i can never watch it at that time, but atleast its there
    Hey you lovely folks. I'm gonna head off now as I'm quite tired. Do take care everyone. Sending hugs to everyone :heart:

@Laine thank you again for starting this thread. :heart: 

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Thanks guys, saw in another thread about wreck this journal so digging mine out again and going to do that 😊
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    How has everyone been?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Stephanie said:
    Hey you lovely folks. I'm gonna head off now as I'm quite tired. Do take care everyone. Sending hugs to everyone :heart:

@Laine thank you again for starting this thread. :heart: 
    You deserve your sleep. Aren't you always tired though?