Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I want to live with my dad

loppybunnyloppybunny Posts: 1 Just got here
I don't like it with my mum and her husband it is stressful and hard to cope.... 
Ive self harmed before I've been a mother to my siblings when my mum wasn't a good one I've not had much of a childhood I've wanted to run away. I told my dad I wanted to live with him he says I can it I'm not sure if I can because my mum got legal custody and I don't know how to live here any more I've wanted to kill myself and would have if it wasn't for my boyfriend and my close friends and siblings and my dad..

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy. Welcome to the community. 

I understand it can be awful to live somewhere you find so stressful. And its really good youve started to explore your options. You said youre not sure - maybe you could try to find out more on the whole legal custody?  

Can really help to have people in your life who are supportive, glad you have got that

It sounds like you could do with a break from stress and take good care of yourself so i hope you find that. 
    We are help to support you too 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family

L100 said:
    Even if you can’t live with your dad. Can you still travel to see him? 
    I felt the same way when I was younger as my parents are split up and dad lives in Holland with step brother and step mum. I hate seeing my step mum but like seeing my dad and step brother and get travel their on December most of the time. I’ve always missed my dad and I hate that my dad isn’t with my mum anymore occasionally getting jealous at friends who have both parents . Unfortuantly things happen in the world you can’t change and sometimes you just have to deal with it. There’s always worse things that could of happened like when people have their dad die at an early age etc...
    @L100 I just wanted to say that since this is an old thread I've deleted your post above and made it so the thread doesn't show up where it shouldn't. It's always great to support other users on the boards but just try and keep an eye on how old the thread is before you do. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.