Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My name is Jamie :)

jamiej19jamiej19 Posts: 1 Just got here
Hello my name is Jamie i am a 19 year old female who is currently diagnosed with depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, borderline personality disorder and dissociation and also being tested for autism. I currently really struggle with Severe methods of self harm, suicide thoughts and attempts and alot of more intense complicated issues that cause extreme concern to my safety. I am really just looking for a safe place to talk as i have difficulty with my verbal communication which means i can not talk about my issues in person i can simply only write them down but sometimes i can forget how intense my thoughts and actions are as i do not recognise these behaviours sometimes. I may disscoaite a lot which means i will sometimes not remember what i have done or said after this period of time as my mind feels disconnected from my body. I really hope to find a sense of support through here alongside the counselling chat this site offers me but i wantto make people aware of these things as i do not wish to trigger anyone or hurt anyone in general i hope you understand 

nice to meet you all :) 

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited June 2019
    Hey @jamiej19

Welcome to the boards, it's lovely to have you here :) 

I'm really glad you found The Mix, it sounds like you're going through a really tough time at the moment and really looking for a space where you can talk openly about everything. 

We have a couple of guidelines which you can read here and here. If you have any questions about anything just let us know, we're all here to help :) 

When you're ready feel free to explore some of the other areas of the forum and make a post.

We're all here to support you <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the community Jamie, it's really nice to have you here :)

I'm so sorry to hear everything you're struggling with. Like Aife said, we're here for you <3
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey Jamie, welcome to the community :) it’s nice to meet you too. I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through I hope you can find support here, it’s a great place with many people happy to listen to you and support you :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.