Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My sibling has befriended my bullies

So about 10 doors down there are these 2 women and 1 guy  sometimes there with kids. And their kids shouted horrid rude things and threw their rubbish at me when I minded my own business on way to uni. But after a while of it going on I told them to stop it and they just shouted abuse at me and said to their mother that I swore at them. But I never ever would do that.  So since thay day I had been bullied by them and their parents. Really ridiculing me harrassing and threatening me. So I started to go a different way to college. And it all stopped. 
But my older brother even though he knows how stressed and upset it all caused me has been hanging out with the guy who is with them. And I feel betrayed like he doesn't care. He didn't even know him and  now he's sharing of them together out in clubs. I can't believe it. It's like they're getting away with it.

Comments

• SophiASophiA Posts: 59 Boards Initiate
    Hey @lollieflower

I’m sorry that have experienced this bullying, it must have been hard to have to go through every time you needed to walk to uni, but its good that you have been able to avoid it by finding another route. Is it something you have been able to discuss with your parents? They may be able to have a discussion with the parents of the kids.

In regards to your brother, it sounds as though you feel like your brother has been disloyal towards you and this is making you upset. Have you been able to discuss with him how his friendship with the boy who bullied you, makes you feel? 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Sorry to hear about what's happening - I'd report it if it continues! As for your brother, it sounds like you feel betrayed by him, but he might not know about what has happened between you and them. I'd suggest speaking to him about it?x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • lollieflowerlollieflower Posts: 4 Newbie
    It does hurt because they all act like they hate even though they ignore me now. But He doesn't care that I got suicidal and suffered with nightmares from it too. 
    It really does hurt. I feel like ignoring him and abandoning him. He doesn't seem to care about any of us. 
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this, @lollieflower <3 Have you spoken to anyone about having felt suicidal? 

I can hear that you're really hurting from your brother's behaviour. I'd encourage you to get some distance from him, especially if you don't feel safe or able to trust him. 
  • lollieflowerlollieflower Posts: 4 Newbie
    I have spoken to someone who I called, for people with depression. And I feel better that way. I do want to distance myself and hopefully move into a place with my friend. 
  • alice123alice123 Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    Hey @lollieflower

Thank you for sharing this.

I have spoken to someone who I called, for people with depression. And I feel better that way. I do want to distance myself and hopefully move into a place with my friend. 
    It's really brave of you to have spoken to somebody about this and it sounds like this helped which i'm really glad to know. 

In terms of dealing with the bullying these two articles may be helpful for you to have a read of:
    https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/friendship/expert-chat-bullying-15348.html
    https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/friendship/beat-bullying-6285.html

The first one also touches on being bullied by a family member and although it doesn't sound like your brother is actively joining in, am I right in thinking that by not standing up for you, you feel that he is enabling it? 

It's great that you are have a phoneline you can use when you feel you need to talk and I would encourage you to continue using this as talking through issues you're facing can really help you work through your emotions and how to better handle the situation.

I would also echo what @Azziman said and ask if you would feel comfortable talking to your brother about how this is making you feel? 

Sending lots of hugs <3