Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi, my name is Vicky

V_95V_95 Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi all,

It's my first time posting here and I'd love to receive tips on how to improve with anxiety. Lately, I feel like I've been treated as 'second best' and I feel really down. Any tips would be great :)

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the community Vicky, it's really nice to have you here :) 

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down and struggling with anxiety. Would you like to talk about how you're feeling some more? We're here to support you <3

I've dealt with feelings of anxiety before, so I've discovered a fair few coping techniques. Physical activity (like running), listening to music, controlled breathing and relaxing posture, hiding in a quiet and dark room, playing online games, and writing down how I feel are all things that help me.

Long-term - identifying possible causes and triggers, challenging and rationalising with thoughts, and maybe having therapy or medication are all things that can improve it for some people.

Sending much love <3
  • V_95V_95 Posts: 2 Newbie
    It just seems that career wise I'm underachieving in relation to all of my friends, even though I graduated from two Russel group unis. It has been almost a year since I finished my MA and I'm still unemployed. Just wished things worked out as planned. 
    Sometimes I also feel my friends only go out with me when I make plans. I see them making plans with other people, but I'm always the one who organises things when we hang. I just wished there was a mutual effort. 
    I don't know if my judgement is right at the moment because anxiety about my future is definitely not helping me see things clearly. 
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hey Vicky, it's great to have you with us. It does sound like you are having a hard time right now, especially since you feel you are underachieving in comparison to your peers. I can understand where you're coming from about the Russell group unis. I will be starting one in September and have seen how much emphasis they put on employability and getting a job straight away. This will definitely be disappointing for you at the moment but just because you haven't been able to get employed, but it doesn't mean this will last forever. Just remember you have amazing qualifications but this also isn't everything. I'm sure there's more to you than graduating from two Russell group unis. Think about what makes you you and what you can bring to your career of choice. 

Those friends definitely seem like you're making all the effort. I totally understand this. I'm usually the one to message first or make plans. It's not easy. I'm not the best at keeping relationships so I might not be the best one to ask about it but you are worth more than they are treating you. 

(_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Vicky, welcome to the community!

If you'd like to post in more depth about what's on your mind and to get some support, feel free to head over to one of our support forums (like Health & Wellbeing or Sex & Relationships). :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Vicky, welcome to The Mix :smile:

Great to have you here :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.