Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Making A Self Care Bag

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,721 Master Poster
I have recently started making myself self care bags and they are really helping me.  They are cheap to make and are very helpful and remind me to be happy. It can contain anything from sweets to chocolate to hand gel. Anything you can think of.

I think that this will help other people as well. 

This is what my current self care bag contains:

1 pack of Strawberry fruitella 
1 pack of sour fruitella
1 pack of exotic fruitella
1 small chocolate bar
Drumstick sweets
2 Drumstick lollies
Love heart sweets
4 bunny sweets
A pack of fizzers 
Haribo heart
Haribo ring
Small bag of Haribo supermix 
Small bag of Haribo tangfastics
Small bag of Haribo starmix 

Not exactly all very healthy but if it reminds me to be happy it reminds me to be happy which is good. I can just brush my teeth afterwards. 
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi, 
    This sounds like a lovely idea :smile: Of course everything in moderation, but it is great to hear that these remind you to be happy! Thank you so much for sharing :smile:
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    This is a lovely idea Kasa thank you for sharing :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,721 Master Poster
    Aife said:
    This is a lovely idea Kasa thank you for sharing :) 
    You're welcome.  And no I haven't eaten all the sweets yet. I would be bouncing off the walls if I did. Instead I am just curled up on the sofa on my phone relaxing on the boards. :);)  :p  :o #shockedthatforoncekasaisnotdancingallaroundtheroom
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,721 Master Poster
    coc0mac said:
    Hi, 
    This sounds like a lovely idea :smile: Of course everything in moderation, but it is great to hear that these remind you to be happy! Thank you so much for sharing :smile:
    You're welcome. You can never have too many Fruitella though as you can tell by what I said about what was in the bag. 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Love self care bags,  I tailor mine to what I feel I need that day,  some of mine can range from things I need to fidget with,  things to keep me calm,  and things to keep me happy. 

In my general bag I have:
    -Chewing gum, 
    -boiled fruit sweets(to chew and suck on when I'm nervous) 
    -A the mix pen(that is my desginated clicky pen 😂)
    -a picture of our first dog,  
    -a picture of me and my partner 
    -my stuffed greyhound teddy
    -a picture of my favorite place 
    -my rescue remedy spray or CBD oil
    And some odd trinkets X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Ooh forgot my fidget cube,  and this rally cool voodoo like doll, her buttons twist, she's like the doll version of a cube 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    This is such a cool idea, thanks for sharing what you keep in your self-care bags. :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.