Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #94

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

This week's challenge is: challenge the community.

The rules are simple:
  1. Complete the last challenge posted on this thread
  2. Talk a bit about what you did
  3. Post your own for someone else to complete

Make it nice and easy, and bonus points if you give it a self-care theme. :)

For example:

Challenge: Go for a walk somewhere green.
I walked through the park to have my lunch yesterday. It really helped clear my mind.

Challenge: Spend some time doing mindfulness exercises or meditating.

So, the first challenge is...

-----

Challenge: Do something you find therapeutic. For example, colouring, exercising, a puzzle... whatever helps you to clear you mind. :)
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Love this <3
    Mike said:

So, the first challenge is...

-----

Challenge: Do something you find therapeutic. For example, colouring, exercising, a puzzle... whatever helps you to clear you mind. :)

What I did: Made myself a coffee and went for a walk in Regent's Park! I always forget how getting away from the desk even for a short period can help the brain unwind and refresh. Do I get a bonus point for a picture too, @Mike?

Next challenge: Use a journey for a “Beauty Scavenger Hunt.” Find three unexpected beautiful things on your way to or from somewhere, can be as little as a sunset or someone smiling at you on the bus. 
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Not joining in, don't worry :p Doesn't this usually have a poll so that people can vote on the next week's challenge? I'm probably getting it wrong, but I thought I'd check.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2019
    Oohhh Walking back from placement to home is like a 20 minute walk and  I saw a 
    Blossom tree, some purple flowers on the trees and the clouds looked pretty nice today ! 
    Next challenge ; Unusual- find some weird and unusual in The house/work or out and about 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    edited May 2019
    I have something unusual which I cuddly every night when I sleep, 
    It an tube train, which is normally between my legs and perrie the penis which I cuddy too

Next challenge, an picture of the outside, not taken straight outside your house but maybe at an Park or in the countryside. 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    next challenge message someone you havent messaged in a while and ask how there doing. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2019
    Not joining in, don't worry :p Doesn't this usually have a poll so that people can vote on the next week's challenge? I'm probably getting it wrong, but I thought I'd check.
    Oh, yes! That's true actually. We can't add a poll to an existing post, but I'll post a fresh one. :tongue:@kathleen0172

Abigail said:
    next challenge message someone you havent messaged in a while and ask how there doing. 
    I checked in with an old school friend that I haven't spoken to in a few months, and we ended up reminiscing about the paper round we used to do together and the random stuff we got up to in the evenings. Aah, good times.

Challenge: Tell someone what you love and appreciate about them. A friend, a colleague, family... just remind someone why they're awesome. :)

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Challenge: Tell someone what you love and appreciate about them. A friend, a colleague, family... just remind someone why they're awesome. 
    I someone I just love how much of a good friend they have been to me 

Next challenge; Write 3 things about you like about yourself 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    1. Nothing
    2. Nothing 
    3. Nothing 

Next challenge: Favourite bath bomb, bath scent or shower gel? 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Kasa2103 said:
    1. Nothing
    2. Nothing 
    3. Nothing 

@kasa2103 Kinda defeated the whole point of my  challenge there lol 🤦🏻‍♀️ 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Kasa2103 said:
    1. Nothing
    2. Nothing 
    3. Nothing 

@kasa2103 Kinda defeated the whole point of my  challenge there lol 🤦🏻‍♀️ 
    Sorry but it was the truth. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Butterbear from lush or the robot one 

Next challenge ; 3 happy childhood memories , write them down and stick them somewhere as a reminder of the good times when your down or sad