Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you looking forward too?

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    1. Hosting a round on the community quiz on Tuesday.

2. Going to my best friends house for 5 days.

3. Actually getting decent sleep (hopefully)

4. Spending the night away from my parents for the first time ever.

5. Watching YouTube all day on the TV.

6. Going to get ice cream.

7. Visiting my mum in hospital and bringing her decent food because hospital food is gross. 😝

8. Not having to listen to my dad swear.

9. Getting rid of my sore throat, cold and cough

10. Possibly getting contact lenses instead of glasses (I prefer contact lenses by far because I can wear them during sports.)

11. Seeing my mum not being in severe pain.

12. Seeing the new Lion King Film like what Aife said.

13. Actually eating breakfast every day.

14. Learning how to do a sit spin (an ice skating skill) without falling over.

15. Doing a teapot (another ice skating skill) independently  (currently I have to hold onto the barrier or my friend.

16. Doing art that is not just on Sandbox or ugly blobs(I'll post some photos.)

17. Not having to listen to loads of loud snoring (well a lot less although I snore especially when I have colds or when I actually wear my retainer.)

18. Listening to music.

19. Cooking 

20. Not having a cat meowing outside my bedroom door at 2am.

21. Actually not having bad acne.

22. New hairstyles (not just bunches, plaited bunches or a ponytail.)

23. Trying new food.

24. Possibly going to a theme park with my friend, her boyfriend and my mum (when she is fully recovered of course.)

As you can tell I am looking forward to a lot of things. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Having a break from being a young carer! It stresses me out but my friend (who is 21 years old with a boyfriend of a similar age) is looking after me for a few days. My friend is like a sister to me. We look so alike and both like and dislike the same things. We both love cats, dogs, nail polish, WhatsApp, family, YouTube, certain boys  (nobody go kissy kissy kissy pleaseeee.) My mum will be in hospital during 4 of those days so at least she is in good hands.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    This absolute stunner is coming for a home visit and to meet our other dog in the hope if  they get along we can adopt him 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    @Millie2787 he's so cute!! I hope you can adopt him! I expect lots of pictures :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    edited April 2019
    Aife said:
    @Millie2787 he's so cute!! I hope you can adopt him! I expect lots of pictures :) 
    Of course @Aife I have to make all of you lot in the office jealous won’t I 😉 Really hoping Louie gets along with Roxi , I miss our old Cavs we used to have ❤️

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Finshing work today.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Seeing Avengers: Endgame with a friend of mine at 3am in IMAX 3D. Eeeeeeeeeeeee
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Looking forward to snuggles in bed later with this one 😍
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    edited April 2019
    I'm looking forward to seeing the end off the coursework and carers awareness article. I'm really taking on board what people like from threads and making it easy for all. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Definitely not my HPV jab on 3rd May.
    Looking forward to my day off tomorrow 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Looking forward to eating because i am starving and havennt eaten much because i couldnt be bothered to make lunch. 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Looking forward to going away next week! :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Sooooo excited for my sisters gender reveal on Saturday. Most things it’s going to be a girl but I think shell have a boy ..... Eeekkk so excited 
    edited May 2019
    Sooooo excited for my sisters gender reveal on Saturday. Most things it’s going to be a girl but I think shell have a boy ..... Eeekkk so excited 

Very exciting @Millie2787 I think it will be a girl! <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I'm looking forward to London which is coming up. :heart: 
    Nervous but looking forward to it all the same. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    edited May 2019
    Aife said:

And if it is a girl it should be Aoife Junior. :p;):) 
    Looking forward to my friend coming up in August! Will be so good to see her and give her a wee holiday 😀😀 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Aife said:

Im soooo excited , She’s having a little baby boy 😍
    Aife said:

I am so happy for you and your sister. I have the perfect idea- Mike Junior. Because there is Mike from here and there could be little Mike.
    Finishing all my assignments
    Aife said:

This is so exciting @Millie2787! You were right! I'm really happy for you and your family <3
    Shaunie said:
    Finishing all my assignments

Well done @Shaunie! You had so many to do! 
    1. 27th June because I get to go to a college for a science trip.
    2. Meeting up with a friend after the trip that day and sneaking off to the cafe.
    3. Early July because I am hopefully finally getting my braces on. 
    4. July 17th because I get to do sign language in the morning and go horse riding in the afternoon.
    5. July 18th because I get to do trampolining in the morning but a much more relaxed activity in the afternoon- board games.
    6. Summer holidays so I can be on the boards 24/7/7 (24 hours a day 7 days a week for 7 weeks)
    7. September 7th because I will hopefully be allowed to go to my performing arts group again as long as my mum and the centre director agree.
    8. September 15th because I am seeing a 70's concert
    9. October 13th because I get to go on holiday with my mum and one of my sisters.
    10. February 2020 because me and the cheerleading squad go off to our 1st competition.
    11. May 8th 2020-May 10th 2020 because I get to go on a short holiday up north. 
    12. May 9th 2020 because I get to go to my sisters wedding.
    13. October half term next year because I get to go on holiday with my mum, 2 of my friends, their mum, their aunt and their dad. A massive group of 7 of us. What fun! No sarcasm.
    Going to sleep
    Dying 
    Seeing toy story 4 after work
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Shaunie said:
    Seeing toy story 4 after work
    Enjoy :heart:

I loved seeing it. Such a great film. 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited July 2019
    Hopefully not falling off a horse and breaking my arm, leg or back.

Going horse riding in 10 days.
    For today to be over 😓😭