Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need some help

GeorgeGeorge Posts: 4 Newbie
Hi all,
Feeling really down today (and have been for the past 2 months or so ). I just feel really numb and have a constant pain in my head.

I keep on feeling that no one likes or values having me around. I also feel like I don't have very many friends or family members that care about me so feel really lonely at times. I also feel like I'm not good enough for anyone and that I keep on messing up things in my life and work.

At times I have felt like running away or evening killing my self to see if that stops the pain. I've not done it yet as I hope things will improve, but don't know how much longer I can last in this life.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of this pain, and if running away or killing myself will help end it all?

Many thanks for listening and if I do end it all I hope some one remembers me from this post.

George

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey,

Aww I'm sorry - can hear you're going through a really difficult time <3

I can empathise with what you've described, and can relate in some ways. There's no pressure for you to, but have you talked to a doctor about how you're feeling? I think they may be able to help you in some way. Also, how would you feel about talking to your family/friends? - if you can trust any of them, maybe they could at least offer some reassurance about your feelings of no one liking you and not being good enough?

George... Please don't end it all. You're a truly valuable and capable human being, we care about you, you are good enough (more than just that), and perhaps most importantly, things can and will get better. I know saying that won't change how you feel:( But I promise you... Stick around. If you feel you're going to hurt yourself, services like samaritans or crisis messenger are always there.

I wish I could just hug you right now or help in some way. Sending all love and strength <3
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I am so sorry you feel this much pain:(

did you want to speak more about how you feel you are messing up things in life and work?- or just more about how you feel? 

Dont think either two of those should be an option cause you cant run away from how you feel no matter where you go and suicide is never the answer:(
    I wish i knew a differemt way to get rid of your pain. Sometimes its not always a quick way and can take time but i think there is always a way out. 

And you have done great by coming on here and saying how you feel. It takes a lot to do when feel so awful. I hope you do keep sharing how you feel as dont have to do it alone. Will be listening and am worried about you. Hope you keep yourself safe. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited April 2019
    Hey @George

Welcome to the boards! It's lovely to have you part of our community :) 

It sounds like you've been struggling for while now and I'm so sorry to hear how much pain you're in. I can really hear how much you're hurting and I really hope we can help you here. 

It sounds really isolating feeling like no one in your life is there for you. You've taken a really positive step to reach out here for support and it's really great you found us. We're all here to help you through this and you don't have to go through this alone. 

Kathleen and Shaunie have given some lovely support here, I also wanted to ask if you're receiving any support at the moment? We have a couple other services here at The Mix that you might like to try. Our counselling service has just opened again and you can sign up for telephone counselling here (they will be closing in a few days). We also have our crisis messenger available 24/7 and you can text THEMIX to 85258. 

You can also reach out to Samaritans 24/7 to talk about anything you're going through. You can reach them by calling 116 123. 

You're doing really well George, keep holding onto that hope that things can get better <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤