Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly Challenge #87

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey,

This week, we are doing the 3 positive thoughts a day challenge. The aim is simple, for you to share three positive thoughts/things that you have thought about each day this week. They can be as big or as small as you like :3 

Interestingly, there is some thinking that this can help you gain focus and clarity by actually writing the positive things down, as it is natural for our minds to forget about these things when facing negative thoughts. By writing them down, it helps your mind remember, plus, you'll have a whole thread of positivity to lean on  <3.

Finally, a bonus challenge - why not have a go at visualising your 3 positive thoughts, this could be through drawing, scribbling or some pictures for example. If you have some spare time, get creative and share with us below :)

As always, If you have any ideas of things we can do for the next weekly challenge head over to this thread to share your ideas. 

Have fun!

Ed
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly Challenge #87 4 votes

Try something new challenge
0% 0 votes
Self-care method challenge
100% 4 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited March 2019
    So this is embarrassing cause my hand writing is so messy lol. 
    But here are my three positives of today 

I think i mean *ate not eat.lol but too late to change it now ah

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie - Looks pretty good handwriting to me, particularly if you compare it to mine in the original post  =)  Some great positive thoughts too, thanks for sharing, and getting creative. Will be interesting to see how people feel at the end of the week if they do this every day. Does it make a difference?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    My three positives from yesterday were 

1. I got through a really difficult 12.5 hour shift at work, 
    2. I am now on annual leave
    3. I listened to some throwback music on my walk home from work last night which cheered me up :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Yesterday’s were 
    1. I had a really positive session with Beth 
    2.i finished my short story I was writting 
    3.i I found a really good new playlist on Spotify 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Ed_ said:
    @Shaunie - Looks pretty good handwriting to me, particularly if you compare it to mine in the original post  =)  Some great positive thoughts too, thanks for sharing, and getting creative. Will be interesting to see how people feel at the end of the week if they do this every day. Does it make a difference?

@Ed_ this used to be somthing my CAMHS worker would get me to do . She would get me to do mine in the morning to get me set up for the day ahead and it used to give me that sort of positive mindset for the day but I ended up giving up doing it as I couldn’t think of anything to write 😂

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    1- I reached out to a friend before doing something destructive 😊 (and feel so much better now)
    2- she helped me with a few odd jobs and feel more relaxed now some of its been done.
    3- treated myself and ordered some clothes I actually love instead of one's that hide my body/scars 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Lol 

I don’t know why i look at my attempted boohoo drawing and think it looks like a coffin. Either thats my depressive brain or bad drawing
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Ohhh ignore the shitty handwriting and drawings 😂😂😂

@Millie2787 @BubblesGoesBoo @Shaunie

Loving all of these, how are you all finding it so far? I think they all look really cool, and I wouldn't worry about whether they look 'perfect' or not and focus on whether this gives you a sense of headspace or perspective when you are doodling. That's the real goal :)

Millie - interesting point in terms of thinking of things to write. Perhaps it's worth thinking that it doesn't have to be particularly big, some days just tend to be fairly normal, with not a lot to report, but if you look back, there will be things that have made you laugh or smile, small victories that you have reached personally etc that are still worth holding on to :3

Ed

- it’s been a really difficult day for me today with finding out I Failed both my exams so I found it really hard to do Today and only managed to get 2 😊

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    My three from today 

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    The little girl one really cheered me up today ❤️
    Also featuring some Beautiful mix paper 😜
    Just one positive is I managed to go to work 
    Aw i failed to do this everyday of the week lol

three of my positives thoughts of today are There are still  a few days before it is the weekend. My room is a tidyish & i spoke to someone from Young Womans trust today 
    And I had a fortune cookie and it said something like "good news are coming to you" obvs it says something positive lol but still 
    edited April 2019
    How has it already been a month since this challenge?! I've really enjoyed looking back on all your positives, a lot of great things to hold on to! Has anyone kept this up since? If not, what was the main thing that stopped you? Perhaps it's worth adding an extra rule that life will have days where there aren't many positives, and so it's absolutely okay to have just 1 thing, which may just be that you've made it through the day. Anyone reckon they can take on the challenge of doing this for a month and seeing where things go?*BananaMonkey* said:
    My three from today 

This sounds like my perfect self-care sunday :) Sleep, fresh air and food <3

The little girl one really cheered me up today ❤️
    Also featuring some Beautiful mix paper 😜
    These are really cool :) I like how one of yours is appreciating the appreciation you were given, and then giving some out to your friends. Feels very circle of lifey :) Top marks for being on Mix paper too!
    Shaunie said:
    And I had a fortune cookie and it said something like "good news are coming to you" obvs it says something positive lol but still 
    Perhaps your fortune cookie knew about your peer-support worker role :) Congrats on that by the way, really exciting news :+1:

edited April 2019
    I really want to do this for a month!! & thank you!!  

I don’t know what stopped me probably remembering

Im going to be suddenly busy for the month doing my peer support training starting next week for over a month so i am going to need all the self help stuff i can, to detress and see positives to keep self well, so i may do this!
    I guess I’ve been preoccupied with other things to remember to do it but I think it could be nice to do it through May knowing that’s a tough  month again !