Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lonely but not alone?

littlegemzlittlegemz Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
Ok so this probably sounds silly. I get lonely when I am at home and can't wait for everyone to come home but buy the time they all come home I am tired and grouchy and want to be left alone in piece and quiet. I have lots of friends who I love to o see but find myself making excuses or telling them I have work or have plans when the only plans I have is housework that I never do as I have no motivation. The more I just sit and chill out the more the housework piles up and the more anxious.

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Heyy,

This doesn't sound silly at all - I'm just really sorry you're facing those feelings <3

It's great to see you reaching out.

Do you think there's a base behind those feelings? For example - you feel this sadness all the time. When you're on your own, another form of sadness comes on as well, which is loneliness and feeling incomplete. But you also have a tiredness present and when you're in the company of others, the tired sadness takes over and you're feeling like, "I just want to be alone, I just haven't got the energy". And then when you're left alone again, the lonely sadness takes over. So it's kind of one feeling consuming your mind, which is sadness and depression (although takes different forms). Idk if that makes any sense and it may sound idiotic so you don't have to answer :) Alternatively, if there's a big time gap between being alone and people coming back (say you're alone in morning/afternoon and they're back in early evening), perhaps you're feeling different at different times of day.

The stuff with the housework sounds like a vicious circle. You have no motivation, but the results of that cause you to feel more anxious, right (or wrong)? :pensive:

Have you seen a doctor about how you've been feeling? Not gonna pretend that that's a magic fix, and you don't have to see one either. But if you haven't maybe that could help?

I apologise for being unhelpful lol - but I'm listening and wanted to show my support <3
  • Options
    littlegemzlittlegemz Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    Yea I kinda get it. Going to the doc for me and my daughter Wednesday so see what he thungs
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Let us know how you get on at the Dr's :) 

maybe try meet up with your friends too, I know the thought of it can be exhausting, but whenever I actually make it out to see my friends I feel so much better for it :) even if you just invite them over for a cuppa, then it might give you some motivation to do the housework? <3  
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''