Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am I homeless?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited February 2019 in Articles

imageAm I homeless?

Are you homeless? Will the council help you? And are you intentionally or unintentionally homeless? The Mix explains.

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    tracietracie Posts: 1 Just got here
    I am in temporary house which I have lived in for a year now I have full custody of my 5 grandchildren living with me ages between 4yrs to 11 yrs the house I am in is to small my grandchildren have to eat there food on the floor on a tray as Carnot get a table in there I had my grandren in dec 2016 we got evecited in dec 2018 my belonging are in storage I have to pay 50 pound a week towards this house my grandchildren need stability which I can not give them because we haven’t got our own home I feel very let down by the housing also social services as my grandchildren are still suffering through no fault of our own.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    Hi Tracie,

Really sorry to hear about the situation with your grandchildren. It sounds like things are tough for you all and it makes sense that you’d feel let down by housing and social services, especially when as you say, your grandchildren need stability and are suffering though no fault of your own.

Unfortunately, here at The Mix, we are limited in the support we can offer you. If you haven’t already complained to the council and social services about your situation, then you may want to contact Citizen’s Advice https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ as they may be in a better position to support and advise you.

Hope things can improve for you all,

Mary-Ellen@TheMix
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.